View Single Post
Old 2015-01-22, 05:25 PM   #86
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Pretty fiendish of them to announce that after folks have forked out for the new guys.
Oh, they haven't actually announced it yet. It's just been leaked. I'd imagine they would have preferred to keep a lid on it for even longer so they could sell even more Alpha Bravos and, uh...whoever that new Stunticon guy is.

Quote:
Presumably Slingshot will be getting better from being dead in the comics.
Was he dead? I thought it was more like "we don't know how to fix him" and he was in a coma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
I'm not fussy. Personally, I like the new additions to the team. Alpha Bravo is a wicked little helicopter.
Alpha Bravo does look cool, but he's almost certainly going to be used for Blades and/or Vortex as well. I think a lot of people will pass on him in favour of those guys now that word of a Slingshot release is out.

Quote:
Does the Prime actually have a team to combine with? These guys could at least give him some legs.
I think they were redecoing the Stunticons as a few Autobot cars in reference to that Masquerade cartoon episode. A lot of folks assumed they were meant to go with Prime, though I don't think we've seen any proof of that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
I'd actually like the idea of a five-member combiner you could get more than five figures for, much more choice - any way you can do Superion with Slingshot is good because Slingshot's a knob. It's certainly a really fun way to do repaints and retools - a Decepticon retool of Air Raid that could do on a Bruticus without having to crack out a whole team to go with him, that sort of thing. I'd like G1 Defensor a lot more if there was a serious alternative to Groove.
I definitely think it'll be fun for kids, since it really plays up the whole "scramble" element that the old combiners never really made good on. Even though you could combine the G1 toys with whoever, the show and other marketing always pushed the idea of them as teams. Having a bunch of extra limbs this time around will probably help push that mix-and-match play pattern, especially since they toy packaging doesn't seem to be pushing which teams are "supposed" to go together (like Clay says, the "Superion" on the first-wave package has a Stunticon in it because he's in that wave).

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote