Thread: Chat Thread
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-05, 09:35 AM   #51
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I don't think Nimoy's point was to celebrate obesity. I think he was simply trying to show some truth about the human condition in that some people navigate the world in bodies that look like that. While I think that the obese=beautiful idea is an over-correction to fat shaming, people do need good self esteem to make healthy changes.
This stuff right here. ^

Fat people exist. They're fat, but they're still people. They deserve to be treated like people. To quote Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick".

That's about as far as the whole "external acceptance on a social level" thing should go, IMO. Viewing it as unhealthy should not be frowned upon, because to think otherwise is to delude yourself. Because it's not healthy. It just isn't.

Oh, and that bit about deleting content/suspending accounts... I think it's possible that happened because of boobies/naked, not because of fat people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Society as a whole terrifies the **** out of me. People in general are so stupid, lazy, entitled and stubborn now, everything's someone else's fault. I get genuine pangs of guilt that I've brought someone new into the world when I'm pretty sure it's going to be ****ed in 20 or 30 years.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

If they're gay, let's set our kids up with one another.

matchmaker, matchmaker, make meeee a match....

This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote