View Single Post
Old 2015-04-29, 07:49 PM   #16
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Thumbs up

Well, I liked this issue. A lot. It tugged on all the right heartstrings for me.

Ratchet is the real heart of the issue, with all threads framed around him, so it should come as no surprise that I absolutely adored the fuck out of this issue. Very impressive character work, full marks and all that.

Nice follow up on Ratchet and Rodimus's conversation from issue #30 too, and I've sooo been waiting for the other shoe to drop on the subject of Drift. Ratchet finally acknowledges First Aid as the new Chief Medical Officer, again a long time coming. At least it addresses my earlier concerns, though admittedly not quite to my satisfaction. Then there's Ultra Magnus...

Confession time; I've always liked Ultra Magnus. Even when Roberts beat the whole OCD shtick into the freakin' dirt, I still liked the guy. Couldn't take him seriously, mind, but I liked him. Don't ask me why. But this issue showed growth, that there has actually been, you know, progression since Remain in Light. Yes, there's been signs of it here and there since then, but this -- slight as it may have been -- is a step in the right direction.

I like Magnus the character more than Magnus the running gag, I guess is what I'm getting at

And Ten. Squeeeeeee! I love Ten! He's adorable! And oh, that sad, sad face. The poor thing. You just want to give the lug a big ol' hug.

Curious on one thing that has no doubt been brought up in the past; since Ten speaks in Tyrest's old code, what does 'ten' actually mean? Something horrible, more than likely. You know, to juxtapose against how cute Ten is.

In the same vein, I have not missed Swerve in the slightest, and this issue did nothing to sway me. He's just as abrasive and obnoxious as we last saw him.

More thoughts to come.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote