View Single Post
Old 2015-05-30, 11:31 AM   #19
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
It's also nice to see Minimus wandering around without the Magnus armour. I'm sure that'll come back to bite him in the ass eventually, but it's a nice bit of character development to see that he's so comfortable with himself even around strangers.
Yeah, it's actually a bit of toy promotion that works. See Combiner Wars, it can be done!

Quote:
But even then, people at least seem to still be irked by Cyclonus. Whereas Brainstorm is back to palling around with everyone as if the last six issues never happened. And in spite of what was said last issue, he seems to be allowed to wander around making new super-devices without anyone being worried (who's to say that he's not turning Nautica's wrench into a new time-travel killing machine?).
It's especially odd to see him hanging around with Getaway here, who seemed so incredibly pissed off at his betrayal at the time (punch that wall!) and wouldn't have had much chance to establish any sort of friendship with him beforehand that might mitigate things.

Quote:
You're right though. Popular culture in the IDWverse would have taken a very different turn after AHM, just like US popular culture became quite a bit more patriotic and pro-military in the aftermath of 9/11.
So I guess we have a choice between either Community or All Hail Megatron being canon.

I've never even seen Community, but that's an easy choice.

Quote:
She's clearly up to no good, just like the suspiciously hard to remember medic. How else could she just show up (at around the same time, yet) and become second-in-command, cutting over the heads of all of Thunderclash's established troops, with nobody complaining?
I wonder if the medic is going to be Thingey (Christ, I've forgotten her name! The DJD's support gal)? Turns up, pretending to be nice and helpful but poisoning Thunderclash as a side effect?

Quote:
It's impressive! It's a shame that we don't know how digital sales and print ones add up, but if MTMTE is doing that well on the digital charts you'd have to think that makes it a pretty solid success overall.

It's surprising to see the book climbing the digital charts so much when the physical sales numbers don't seem to be changing, though (at least, based on the Diamond numbers that are publicly available).
Actual digital sales are a mania of mine (as people may have noticed), I'd love to find them out, though with the Comixology chart being weekly and the Diamond one monthly it would probably need some mental adjustment.

I think that's a very healthy sign of the book hitting a wider audience digitally (one that Ex-RID- or any of the other titles for that matter- doesn't seem to be managing). Even if it's only a few 1000 extra copies, with sales still around the 10K mark, that could make a big difference percentage wise.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote