View Single Post
Old 2015-06-21, 05:26 PM   #19
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
Shame about the mold options. How neat would have it been to see Stranglehold and Octopunch getting in on that combiner action?
It would have been cool. And would have fit the theme better -- Windsweeper and Ruckus aren't really Mayhem Attack Squad characters to begin with, even if they used to hang out with Spinister and Needlenose.

I guess they could have waited until Hasbro got around to CW Predacons and Seacons, then redecoed Headstrong and Tentakil?

Quote:
Cool with what there is, though Ruckus doesn't seem quite so... Ruckus-y. Too much tan, I suppose.
Ruckus looks awful but that might just be the photoshopping/photography. His colours look more like Sinnertwin.

Quote:
He'll totally come with Singe and Hairsplitter.
Nice! If I can afford one when it comes out, I might just go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
That Windsweeper's way off though.
Yeah. I know that their choices are pretty restricted, but if they'd used Air Raid he'd at least have a closer airplane silhouette.

Honestly, I appreciate what the club is trying to do here but none of them really work for me other than Spinister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
The black Skids is probably my favourite out of the bunch. It's a shame the Mayhems are only getting a release as a BotCon exclusive. I'd love a mainstream release for a Spinister figure. That's the second time he's got a BotCon figure. Its such a tease! The more I think about it, the more I find it annoying that the Decepticon contingent of Transformers is frequently represented only by limited releases like these. Boo.
I'm not so sure about that. It's not as if we have a shortage of Decepticon figures at retail. And while they do tend to play it a bit safer with the 'Con side of things (or at least it seems so, with so many different Megatrons and seekers over the last few years) they're not afraid of dipping into the obscure side of things either. We haven't gotten a Straxus or Thunderwing equivalent in the last couple years, no, but that's probably because they've made new molds for villains from other series like Waspinator, Tankor and Sky-Byte instead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a new Spinister or Fangry or Bugly at retail. But Waspy and co. are good too, so I can't really complain.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote