View Single Post
Old 2015-08-10, 08:11 PM   #2
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile Prepare to face Podcast Maximus!

This is an idea started by a PM from Auntie Slag, who pointed out that with the Underbase having cut back on their output it might be a nice idea to have a new Transformers comic/s podcast to pick up the slack. Amidst conversations with the other mods the idea has grown, so this thread is mainly about seeing if:

A: There's any interest.

and

B: What people might want.

A majority of the mods are interested in giving it a go (except Warcry, who is scared of fire and doesn't trust that wheel thing), with Clay looking to be the technical guy on making editing and Skype work, Slag has offered to help out as well.

So what we have so far:

a name: Arkast. I came up with that (and without much in the way of recording equipment it may remain my most substantial contribution for a while).

An expanded remit from Slag's original comic idea as those who don't read IDW's output are keen to do stuff on the toys/other aspects of the franchise.

So what would you peeps be interested in? A super long (probably monthly considering the difficulty of getting people together) podcast covering everything, or more regular ones where each episode looks at a specific thing, be it a comic review, toy talk or my 83 hour long dissertation on how KAAR is Peter Cullen's best role?

What range of subjects would you like to see covered? Traditional reviews or more esoteric discussions on ideas and themes? Retro or just the modern media and toys?

And is there anyone who'd like to join in? I think we're aiming to try and make this a community project, so if anyone is desperate to throw their hat in the ring because of their burning passion to talk about subject B at great length, let us know.

My main thinking on format is mainly to avoid my biggest bugbear on podcasts, where it feels as if the hosts have accidentally hit record about an hour before they actually start on the topic of the show and you wind up hearing lots of inane details about their entire lives. Creating a presenter persona is fine, but it's always better to do that whilst actually keeping on subject. Especially in a long podcast.

All thoughts, ideas and suggestions welcome.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote