View Single Post
Old 2015-08-25, 09:50 PM   #221
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuro View Post
If that was intended as a reference, you got it backwards...
Did I? Maybe go back and watch the episode again.

SPOILER! (select to read)
I did, but with any luck I've made someone rewatch that episode and suffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Yeah, I can't really judge where my dislike of the toy starts and my dislike of Ironhide ends.
Mmmm. Never liked the G1 guy or even really got why anyone else does. Even in his finer moments in the comic (Target, Earthforce) he's pretty much just a generic Autobot - if it had been Smokescreen or Tracks digging up Megatron no-one would have gone "hey, what gives, that would've been a great bit for Ironhide". TBH when I see/hear Ironhide out of any context I think of the black pickup with the arm-cannons.

Quote:
Bumblebee gets away with being small because... well, he's Bumblebee. If other minibots try to justify the price with crap accessories because they're small, they'll be screwed.
Yeh, it'll be interesting to see how T-T do the rest - it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see another Minibot mould for a while, though Japan has a lot less of a rigid pricing structure. Even reaching into minor quirks it's difficult to see what they could pad the other sets out with other than "yeh, jetpacks". A good compromise would be making the three truck guys a little taller, bundling something random (Sparkplug? One of those cartoon superweapons?) in with a reshelled Cliffbee and probably forgetting about Windcharger because pretty much everyone does anyway, poor sod.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote