View Single Post
Old 2015-10-08, 12:35 PM   #63
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Spent a few hours with this game last night on my PS4. I'm really enjoying it so far. The difficulty ramps up and your choice of bot matters as each feels a different. The game is also frenetic. It just doesn't let up. There are brief exploration sections, but combat is never far away, and when it starts you better get your rump moving.

As I told my wife last night, this game gives 0 f$#&^. I was playing for all of 10 minutes and fighting Devastator for the first time. They know what you're here for and they are going to give it to you.

One thing I did notice is that the animation models are largely a combination of the G1 ones and the toys. If they've had a decent toy recently it's there. Starscream (and the seekers), Megatron, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and even Devastator are all obviously based off their toys from CHUG/CW. Even the "Ground soldiers" are obviously supposed to be Battlechargers and based roughly on Wheeljack's toy (much like the club exclusives). There are a couple more toy based appearances but I don't want to spoil any surprise fights, so I'll tag them below.

SPOILER! (select to read)
Motomaster and Menasor are both toy based even going so far as to use Offroad instead of Wildrider.

I haven't finished the game yet, and even when I do I get the feeling I'll be going through it again on a harder difficulty just to see if I can.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote