View Single Post
Old 2016-10-24, 06:20 PM   #68
koriand'r
Protoform

lisboa, portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Dying of the Light was 85% Megatron and perhaps 15% devoted to others, with prominence to Dominus Ambus. Drift and Rodimus made up within one page. Nautica had her moment in a couple of pages. Skid's story was resolve in a very rushed and almost non-event way.
i'm still salty about this. drift's and rodimus rift had a lot of juice backing it up, with how it would affect the command structure, rodimus resentment towards himself because he let drift take the fall and also ratchet's conflict with rodimus giving brainstorm 'a slap on the wrist' for almost murdering his co-captain versus drift's exhile.

also the throwback to rodimus ability to burst into flames not being explained is really grinding my gears. can he only use it under some conditions, like when he's powered up? then what about the dinobot issue? did have to do with emotional trauma? or is he simply and outlier?

the comic is slowly becoming megatron centered and while that's fine for an arc, you've got such a rich cast with so many diverse characters and untouched issues, and instead he keeps grinding megatron's worth through issues and issues...

just like the non 'epic' reveal of tarn's identity, skids followed a similar fate, his identity, his forgotten past was a mistery deeply ingrained with more than meets the eye plot since the first issues, and to be brushed of aside like this, so skids can die a cheap death to power the crew up - after megatron finally decided he gave a s*it about organic beings and decided to give a huge ol' speach - is just bad writing in my opinion.

also dominus identity was pretty much brushed aside in favor of who? bingo it's the mister Bucket Head.

also what about developing drift's image of the djd? he's spent most of his time scared of them, even asked ratchet early in the comics to kill him because he couldn't face them. what about some consequence's in his possible hesitation in fighting them?

g.d i'm so angry robert's wasted so many opportunities, i mean i did enjoy this last issues as i love some gay robot drama and drift's reappearence, etc.. but this writing just makes it hard to enjoy it.

robert's focusing too much on him and wasting plot reveals.

koriand'r is offline   Reply With Quote