View Single Post
Old 2016-11-18, 05:08 PM   #46
Brendocon 2.0
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

UK
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Anyway, the other two issues in the trial have turned up (bloody Halfshell being right
I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS HALFSHELL PERSON IS BUT THEY SOUND VERY INTELLIGENT AND PROBABLY USUALLY CORRECT.

Ahem.

Saw this post earlier, pulled my grumpy "Well MINE haven't arrived" face, only to get home just now and they're here. Hooray! Much more sensible packaging this time out, too, as the first shipment was two books in an oversized box whereas this is in actual form-fitting wraparound cardboard.

Complete with a covering letter saying the four issue trial is over, which is interesting as it's the first official thing I've seen that actually says it's a trial.

So have none of us actually been charged for the first four issues then? Presumably nobody's received the free gifts that were advertised either? This is all very confusingly structured.

Quote:
It's very odd and distracting and means the attempt to "Do" Marvel in the proper order has already faltered.
YOU ARE WRONG THIS IS DEFINITIVE FURMAN HELPED ORGANISE IT AND THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY NOW ahem. Sorry, went a bit Wikidiot for a moment there.

Quote:
I'm not sure how far forward it's going, but surely Wreckers (though I suppose that's not that recent any more) or early MTMTE or RID would have been a sensible addition.
I'd imagine there's an agreement with IDW to not do anything that's still "in print" as part of the trial. Especially if none of us have paid for the stuff...

Brendocon 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote