View Single Post
Old 2017-01-04, 01:04 PM   #9
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
I watched it today. I liked it. Not the greatest story, but fun. Part of me gets the feeling the Doctor's speech towards the end was more Moffatt saying goodbye.

My question is, why did he wait so long to do the superhero thing?
My guess is that Moffatt might trying to get a writing gig on of the DC and/or Marvel TV shows since both companies have used a lot of Doctor Who and Sherlock actors. Maybe he's thinking that if writes a superhero story they might want to hire him as a writer once his last series is over. He knows a lot of the actors that they are currently using or have used in the past.

Marvel has used Christopher Eccelstone, David Tennat, Karen Gillian, and Jenna Coleman in various movies and TV shows. As well as Sherlock stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

DC is currently using John Barrowman and Arthur Darville, on Legends of Tomorrow and Alex Kingston has popped up on Arrow a few times.

As too the special I thought it was pretty good, I Peter Calpadi when not overly serious and I actually liked Matt Lucas which was surprised me and I liked the Ghost and hope he returns of even gets a spin-off series. I honestly didn't realize how much I missed Dr. Who till the build up to the 2016 Christmas special and then I started watching the Matt Smith Christmas shows on Amazon Video and it was like hanging with old friends for Christmas.

So yeah I can't wait to see the new series!

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.

Last edited by Cyberstrike nTo; 2017-01-04 at 01:25 PM.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote