View Single Post
Old 2017-02-17, 10:56 PM   #30
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Default OOC: I love Brainstorm already!

Dig Site

This time Megatron didn't resist the urge to swivel his tank barrel towards Starscream, although to be fair he did see through his gun's targeting sensors in this mode.

"How's the new head feeling?" he fired back archly. "I see it's done nothing to improve your personality."

As they approached the ground, Mindwipe flapped his wings to reduce his airspeed. As his claws touched the ground, he could practically feel himself making a connection to all the many generations of dead ancestors who'd fallen on this awful, wonderful world.

"Home, sveet home. Ah-ha-ha!"

Vorath sighed, but otherwise ignored his partner. "Please exercise caution with the artifacts they've gathered," he said to the other Decepticons. "If the scientists aren't willing to talk, we may need to reverse-engineer their discoveries. And by "we" I mean "me", so please don't make me work any harder than I need to!"

Mindwipe groaned. "Relax. Ve are home. Ve will be successful. The spirits of Cybertron are vith us today."

"That does not make me feel any better."

Mindwipe glanced towards Scourge when he heard the other Decepticon's garbled speech. "Are you unvell? Blah."

Cybertron Airspace

Doomshot triggered a gout of flame as his teeth found purchase on Optimus Prime's wing, hopefully melting some of the Autobot's control surfaces.

But then he saw Diac advancing toward him on foot and quickly let go.

"Ah, the Titan Master," he said, his rich voice echoing with mockery. "Hi-Q, is it? Or perhaps Apex? Supremus Absolutus? Iron Ox? Not that it matters, no...you all wind up the same in the end. Weak. Broken. Erased."

The Decepticon dragon jumped up to meet Daic, but in mid-leap he triggered his mini-vehicle's transformation. The red dragon folded in on itself, ensuring that the Autobot's strike would miss and that he would collide in mid-air with a purple tyrannosaur instead -- a purple tyrannosaur that was spitting paralyzing venom at the Autobot's eyes.

With any luck, the force of the impact would propel them away from Optimus and put them into a freefall...something that Doomshot with his beast mini-vehicle could survive, but his Autobot counterpart likely could not.

Autobot Shuttle

Hardhead gripped tightly to an overhead handrail as the shuttle's engines spun up. They dropped out of the Ark's belly and fell towards the surface of the planet below. An uncomfortable feeling in his servos forced the Autobot to speak up. After all, he was the seniormost person on the shuttle (not counting the deposed leader, at least).

"If Optimus were here, I'm sure he would spin an inspirational, eloquent speech that would leave all of us feeling confident and uplifted." He paused for a moment. "I am not Optimus. If I tried to do that, some of you could commit suicide just so you could stop listening to me."

There was some scattered laughter, mostly from the new recruits who didn't realize yet that their tactical officer was constitutionally incapable of telling a joke.

"So I won't do that. But I will say that I believe in you. Some of you are veterans. More of you are new recruits. All of you are well trained and know what you're doing. Remember your training, keep your wits about you and watch your teammates' backs, and we'll all come home in one piece."

The old soldier fidgeted slightly, uncomfortable being at the centre of attention in any scenario where he wasn't barking orders or shooting.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote