View Single Post
Old 2017-02-26, 05:50 PM   #7
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Best bit of Satire I've read since Private Eye's Trump Tweets. And in-Universe too, capturing Sentinel's zealotry! Good stuff!
Glad you liked it!

The actual review part still makes sense, I hope?

Quote:
my God, that is a heap of orange nonsense (insert your own Trump joke here)
The sad (sorry, SAD!) part is that if he'd gotten as much paint as Astrotrain I'm pretty sure he'd look really good. Toss in some silver or black detailing to pull out the details that are getting lost in all that orange and you'd have a very eye-catching figure.

One day when I have time, I'm hoping to add all the missing detail work to him.

Quote:
...with all that orange going on, why's his gun black...?
They painted the damned things! That's probably the most galling part of it all. They can't be bothered to paint all the train wheels, his turrets or any of the zillions of little details on his torso or arms, but they seemed to have no trouble finding room in the budget for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Damn, though, Sentinel Prime's train WALL and shuttle modes do look woefully unpainted next to Astrotrain. Who I didn't realize is out, too, by the way.
He seriously looks like a knockoff. Like, I knew there was a pretty big gulf in paint between the two but I had no idea how big it was until I put them side by side to take the pics.

And honestly, Astrotrain is still a few steps away from being a fully-painted figure himself. His train wheels and front cockpit windows both should have been painted as well. But even Takara didn't have the budget to give the figure what I'd consider a full coat of paint, so I'm not going to give Hasbro too much of a hard time here. At least they both tried with their Astrotrains, and both ended up looking pretty good.

Hasbro Astrotrain probably has an advantage over the other two as well, because his lighter plastic shows the unpainted details a lot better than Sentinel's orange or Takara Astrotrain's dark grey.

Quote:
Damn right, freaking Maxies, glorifying the vile Decepticon terrorist Razorclaw!
Hadn't thought of it that way at all, actually.

Originally I had him denounce Optimus Primal, until I realized that I had just accidentally compared Obama to a monkey. So that bit got rewritten in a hurry, as you can imagine.

Quote:
Prowl is a Sentinel fanboy now?
Not really, but if someone is going to be behind a hard-right Autobot propaganda site he's probably the best choice.

Quote:
Lies! Alex Milne's art elsewhere is pretty, but Megatron Origin is kinda crap.
Megatron Origins was awful-looking mostly, with Milne I think trying to work out how to get his own style to work professionally after so long being paid to draw like Pat Lee. But his Sentinel design looked really good (and YUGE!).

Quote:
I should open him, huh. He's been sitting mint in sealed box for, shit, two entire months now. He is going to deport all my Micromasters and my Beast Wars toys.
You should! He's fun!

I mean, almost all the fun comes from making Trump jokes, but it's still fun.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote