View Single Post
Old 2017-03-14, 08:16 PM   #44
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
I've been pretty happy with the line so far. I just picked up Hot Rod this week and I do have one complaint though. I'm not really a fan of the way most of the cars (Hot Rod, Breakaway, Chromedome) don't really try to incorporate their guns into their vehicle modes.
I think Hot Rod is fine, since his guns were designed to mount on his engine block like his Targetmaster partner used to do back in the day. It's a little awkward but it pushes the right nostalgic buttons for me, at least, since I grew up with TM Hot Rod. But in general you're right. The car-bots in the last few waves have done very little to hide or integrate their weapons. Most of them ruin the car-mode look if they're attached.

I think that might be because the weapons have been so substantial lately, though. It's a lot easier to hide the tiny little pistol that Universe Sunstreaker came with than it is CW Streetwise's shotgun or TR Hot Rod's giant rifles.

Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Anyone else really like Kup or is it just me? Seen a fair few negative or meh comments online but I think it captures and updates the original toy really well.
If Kup had grey arms all the way down like the toy, it'd look great. As-is there's too much teal for my liking, at least in pics. I like that they attempted the toy look (having grown up with a TM Kup alongside that Hot Rod) but I don't think they quite pulled it off.
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote