View Single Post
Old 2017-05-16, 12:35 AM   #68
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
Tricky to say, though given the similarities in narrative and closing dialogue, I'd be surprised if its inclusion was solely because one of the supporting cast liked it. Would presume a happy coincidence until confirmed otherwise.
Yup - more than likely that James Mangold, actual film director, can come up with a homage to a famous Western (that I've never had much time for either, but you can't argue with its' fame) that's been homaged dozens of times without the input of a guy who likely got the nod because they couldn't age McAvoy convincingly enough.

Enjoyed Logan but I can see why people didn't; it's one of those films you have to be a little sold on before going in, in terms of knowing Logan/Wolverine and seeing him as more of an icon than a film character. Liked the washed-out tone and intentional low-key feel, very Old Man Logan - that "this is going to be the bit where the claws come out and it's all 'snikt, bub', you'll see, you'll see...".

Like the Fox film series as a whole TBH; it's my guilty pleasure. The plots are idiotic and the timeline's a mess but most of them manage a couple of super set-pieces (I would happily watch 2 1/2 hours of just Quicksilver scenes) and they have this weird binary thing where each character is either a blatant suck-up to the fans or a deliberate attempt to piss them off.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote