View Single Post
Old 2017-06-01, 04:13 PM   #677
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
Maybe the pricing is to distinguish from the bootlegs...? (Something I've found hard to do when glancing through ebay listings) Although, that's probably not going to help sales if it is.
With how prevalent high-quality bootlegs have become over the last decade, I just assume that anything that isn't being sold as new and sealed by one of the big reputable online dealers is a bootleg and proceed accordingly. In person (or looking at actual pics of the item) it's easier to tell because the MP bootlegs are usually marked as being from "Takesa Tony" instead of "Takara Tomy", but so many eBay listings use the same stock photos that you can't judge from that. On the other hand, tons of Chinese sellers don't even try to pretend that they're selling the real thing since eBay no longer seems to care about bootlegs like they used to, so if you're looking to save a few bucks by buying a KO it's easy to do. Avoiding them is the hard part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendocon 2.0 View Post
ANYWAY SHALL WE LOOK AT SOME PICTURES?
Wait, is Sideswipe even any different? I think they might have skipped painting one of the taillights this time around but that's all I can spot.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote