View Single Post
Old 2017-06-22, 05:21 PM   #3
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes View Post
Odd- I actually felt like it had less easily-trimmable fat than AOE.
Isabella and Sqweeks are honestly the big glaring easily-trimmable material. You can cut the entire thing out and just start off the present-day stuff with Cade dealing with the TRF and the Autobot refugees.

I'd also cut out the WWII flashback, which felt really necessary to turn into a full scene. Ditto for the Merlin prologue, which ran on for a fair bit longer than it needed to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes
but it looked incredible
Indeed -- the big money shots were the Cybertron tendrils raking cities off the face of the Earth, and that one scene when the big submerged ship rose up from the ocean. But there were so many great smaller shots too -- the random little dudes combining into a big-ass three headed dragon and a little Unicron made me squee so much.

Quote:
the jokes made me chuckle
Cogman and Anthony Hopkins are a lot, lot funnier than the human cast in Age of Extinction, that's for sure.

Quote:
and the message about helping refugees and immigrants even when the authorities call that a crime was a valuable one.
That's... that's very relevant to America, isn't it? Huh, didn't catch that.

Quote:
My ideal Transformers film now would go smaller, not bigger.
Agreed! I felt like the strongest action scenes that kept me on my seat was the standoff between Megatron's crew and the Autobot refugees... Part of what made AoE so enjoyable for me personally (the problems of smushing two movies into one aside) is that the plotline is relatively small and self contained, to "Lockdown hunts down Optimus Prime, humans gets caught in the middle."

Quote:
How many hi-and-bye cameos were in the classic cartoons and comicbooks?
None of them were named Mohawk and Dreadbot, though.

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote