View Single Post
Old 2017-08-27, 07:25 AM   #8
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

It sounds like you guys are experiencing what we have in Europe for the last 17 years!

Smyths seems to be the only place that seems to have a clue about the waves system in the UK, but again, stuff sells out so fast and then isn't seen again. And then I suspect experiences may vary. I have noticed that my local store, being fairly new, tends to have in a lot more update stock than the one in the next city, which has been around for a couple of years now.

Likewise, Combiner Wars has been reasonably easy to pick up at retail - and if you were prepared to wait (and take a chance), stuff like the Combaticons and the Grand Prime (or whatever its called) assortment could be found at less than their RRP.

I still use a mix of traditional retail and online, which I have done for about 7 years now. Online I tend to use sparingly, as I've noticed the trend for selling you a whole wave of figures too, and I just a) don't want that or b) can't afford that. Plus you're then left with figures you invariably don't want and have try and resell - or so I'd imagine. It's a trend I don't like as it means the secondary market prices on new stuff just get silly, as no one can get their hands on ... anything, which is equally off putting.

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote