View Single Post
Old 2017-09-05, 08:35 PM   #8
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
I'd like to see some more Generations Beast Wars toys. After pooh-pooing them, I've been really impressed with Rhinox, Ratttrap and Waspinator, so it'd be nice to get some nice new versions of the 'Season 1' cast bodies - Tarantulas, Inferno and what have you.
Now that Masterpiece has started in on the BW cast, I'm curious if we'll see more Generations BW toys. I'd hope we do, because the previous Generations toys fit pretty well with the 90s figures in a way that the show-accurate MPs don't. I wouldn't mind seeing them take a swing at some of the later character designs, either. Rumour has it that we might get an Optimal Optimus in Power of the Primes, and that'd be a nice start. Dragon Megatron could do with being revisited too.

Quote:
I'd like to see Scorponok, so fingers crossed he comes out for Prime Wars. The Terrorcons and Predacons I'd like to see updated.
Sounds like you might be in luck, then!

Quote:
Some of the less obvious stuff from the European lines would be most welcome too. I liked that custom Stalker someone made Thew from the TR Hardhead mould was cool, so that would do if Hasbro want to give it a go!
A fair number of those Euro G1 characters would work as redecos/retools of more familiar characters, too. Stalker, like you say, is pretty close to the Hardhead pattern. Rotorstorm would match up well with any cockpit-chested helicopter. Flash and Scorch are basically Prowl and Trailbreaker. Rage and the other Stormtroopers are all basically just a Sideswipe or Hot Rod redeco away from reality. The small Predators all use the familiar seeker/Cyberjet arrangement.

At some point you'd have to figure they'll start showing up!

Quote:
I'd like a Ruckus and Crankcase also. And proper new Pretenders (not loads, maybe just the ones that had a decent showing in the comics - Skullgrin and so on), not those farty little Legends things we saw previewed for Prime Wars.
Triggerbots/Triggercons would be neat. Hopefully in a form that maintains the spirit of the original gimmick without actually stuffing the toys full of spring-loaded pop-out guns.

I don't mind them doing some Pretenders in that tiny size class (in theory at least, they're a better fit than Headmasters were), but I'm disappointed that that's the only size class they're (apparently) going to show up in. The originals were across the entire size spectrum, from tiny little guys like the Pretender Monsters to gigantic multi-shelled monsters like Skyhammer and Roadblock, and I was hoping that's what we'd see if and when Hasbro eventually brought the concept back.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote