View Single Post
Old 2017-09-06, 03:12 PM   #5834
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Picked up a Titans Return Blurr after Warcry said the Takara one was nice but the Hasbro one was crap. To me, that meant the Hasbro one was fine .

I just can't figure out what Hasbro were going for with the colours. The Takara one is aiming for show accuracy, so it's not that, and it's not toy-accurate in the slightest either since the original toy had four very distinct shades of blue on it. Not all that close to the Marvel look, either. But whatever it's meant to be, the mold is available in six other, more exciting colour schemes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'm glad that they dropped the idea of part of the vehicle becoming a sled or whatever for the heads with the later wave figures.
I don't mind it for Blurr, actually. It's a neat take on the shield that the original toy came with, and if you don't want to use it as an accessory it folds away neatly into a backpack. I think that combining two guns into the TM sled works a lot better for most characters, though. If only because it means that Hasbro needs to give everyone two guns!

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote