View Single Post
Old 2017-09-06, 06:33 PM   #1146
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Force Friday came along, and I was damn sure I would be buying just an OT Stormtrooper...

Rey, Kylo Ren, Luke, Thrawn, Hera, Qui-Gon, AND OT Stormtrooper later, I stopped shopping. Oh, and also picked up Rebels Season 3. On the plus side, I got a $10 Target gift card for my efforts, which went to my wife.

I've opened Qui-Gon, the Trooper, and Thrawn so far, and all are really good. I knew what to expect from the Stormtrooper, as I already have the Shock Trooper version of that mold. Didn't have a shiny white original though, and I'm really glad I have him on the shelf now. The brightness of the white is astonishing! Qui-Gon is definitely a good figure - solid sculpt work, paint apps and details are very well done too. I really dig the texture they're able to incorporate for tunic parts! The newer lightsabers are great too, as the blades look much better than the older, paler ones. The only downside to Qui-Gon is his lack of a Jedi cloak. Thrawn is great too, with a well done representation of the animated character. He's pretty standard other than that, but everything is really crisp on him - paints, sculpt, texture, everything - just a great effort on Hasbro's part.

The others are still in boxes. I'm going to wait a bit and see if I really want them, or return them. Once the 'oooh new toys!!!' feeling cools off, I'll figure out what I want to do. Likely they will be kept, but you never know.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote