View Single Post
Old 2017-10-02, 02:00 AM   #253
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Actually, after giving it some thought, here's my verdict: if you want something that feels like TOS/TNG/VOY/ENT Star Trek, and you don't feel like paying CBS, watch The Orville. Despite what the critics think, I actually like the show and think it's pretty good. A friend of mine who hates Star Trek due to a childhood incident involving his family and a Star Trek marathon loves The Orville. Discovery is good, and it does feel like Star Trek, but there's no sense of joy or hope for a better future to it. That could be setting, I admit, and there are reasons they have the look they do involving who actually holds the rights to what between CBS and Paramount(and after looking at my copy of Star Trek Beyond, I don't see a CBS logo on it anywhere, so having it look this way must have been a conscious decision on somebody's part.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote