View Single Post
Old 2018-01-18, 07:14 PM   #1190
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I snagged a Marvel Legends Vintage Series Black Widow this week. The figure is pretty basic -- the standard ML female body in black, with Natasha's signature belt and wrist blasters. The only accessories she comes with are two pistols, though that's just about all I could think of to give the character anyway. The fact that this series omits BAF parts really makes you think they could have sprung for an extra head or some alternate weapons or holsters, though.

Some folks have complained that her head is a reuse of the one in last year's Spidey/MJ two-pack, and I can see why that'd be jarring, but since I don't own the previous figure it doesn't bother me. I don't think that reusing unmasked faces is a great idea though, in general. The characters have a bad enough case of sameface in the comics, without that creeping into the toys!

But overall I'd say it's a nice figure. It's definitely the only one in the Vintage line that doesn't feel like a complete waste of money, because it's the only one that isn't just a tweaked re-release of a one- or two-year-old figure that had more accessories and a BAF part the first time around.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote