• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2003-03-07, 09:47 PM   #241
axio
Matrix Keeper

Houston, TX.

so what if a large number of people don't go out and protest? Doesn't mean they support the war, the facts still stand, our nation overwhelmingly does not support this war (view the polls on CBS, CNN, go on go ahead) and the current administration does not get this. Also w/sites like Move-on.org people don't have to leave their houses.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheba
oh incidentally, I remember watching on CNN some Iraqis in some town (probably Basra but I can't be sure) chanting something. It was EXACTLY what was being chanted in the movie "True Lies" by the terrorists of the fictional group "The Crimson Jihad." Sounded like "Jallah, Jallah, ya-lee-lee-ah-oo-lah" (since I don't know arabic, all I can do is put what it sounded like). What the hell is that they were chanting, and what does it mean?
... I don't remember True Lies that well, I try to forget any Ahnold movies ... probably one of the jihad verses? I'd have to hear it or see the news cast to tell ya

Old 2003-03-07, 09:48 PM   #242
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by Strafe
Strawman Fallacy.

No one has said they don't care, and to attribute that to the "anti-war" cause is, how shall I say it...stupid.

Being Anti-War doesn't mean you suddenly want to have dictators running around doing whatever they want. Being anti-war means you try to solve things through diplomacy before you flatten everything to the ground.
Dude in this case we TRIED THAT FOR TWELVE FREAKING YEARS. It DIDN'T FREAKING WORK. HOW can ANYBODY say this is a "rush to war" when it's been TWELVE YEARS? And it's been 14 MONTHS since Bush wanted to do something? What the hell is your definition of a "rush" to war?

"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Old 2003-03-07, 10:10 PM   #243
Jim
Hardcore Movie Lover

Philadelphia, Pa

Sheba -

Those stats are really poor figures. Honestly, there are thousands of colleges and tens of thousands of high schools in the US. You're twisting those stats in your favor, but anyone can clearly see that it is a poor representation of all college / HS students in the United States. You mention only 11 colleges in the whole United States... However, if you get exact figures of all schools, I'd be impressed. It is difficult for us students - especially in HS - to pull away from course work to go out and protest. I know I had a good amount of trouble being at the one at my school. Considering the complications of going to a protest, I'd say out of only 11 schools that the figure is pretty good. I'm sure the real number is over many thousands across the US.

Last edited by Jim; 2003-03-07 at 10:12 PM.
Old 2003-03-07, 10:45 PM   #244
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Sheba -

Those stats are really poor figures. Honestly, there are thousands of colleges and tens of thousands of high schools in the US. You're twisting those stats in your favor, but anyone can clearly see that it is a poor representation of all college / HS students in the United States. You mention only 11 colleges in the whole United States... However, if you get exact figures of all schools, I'd be impressed. It is difficult for us students - especially in HS - to pull away from course work to go out and protest. I know I had a good amount of trouble being at the one at my school. Considering the complications of going to a protest, I'd say out of only 11 schools that the figure is pretty good. I'm sure the real number is over many thousands across the US.
The numbers don't lie, man. If someone's not protesting they obviously don't feel that strongly about it. I mean hell dude, if you have the COURAGE of your convictions, it shouldn't matter--you should be out there! The variation between the schools in the list shows a consistency. Even the radical Berkeley didn't have that many protesters, as you can see. The percentages are uniform and speak of a trend, not a misuse of numbers. I'm not skewing anything. And the numbers are consistent with the same trend as I saw in MY OWN CITY! A CANADIAN CITY!!!!! And the point is, a MINISCULE number of people in comparison to total population are actually taking the trouble of going out and protesting. Which means, even if a goodly number of OTHER people don't support war either, they don't feel THAT strongly about it.

And don't talk to me about poor samplage of "just" 11 colleges, when YOU GUYS depend on samplage of POLLS that are taken by CNN, CBS, etc, where only a couple HUNDRED OR THOUSAND AT THE MOST people are phoned up during dinner time to be asked these questions. If you look at the names of those schools you'll see the samplage is GEOGRAPHICAL. OK then, I say those polls are twisting the numbers in their favor. After all, the pollsters didn't phone up EVERY SINGLE FREAKING AMERICAN and ask the questions.

"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Old 2003-03-07, 10:51 PM   #245
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by LiquifiedTiger
so what if a large number of people don't go out and protest? Doesn't mean they support the war, the facts still stand, our nation overwhelmingly does not support this war (view the polls on CBS, CNN, go on go ahead) and the current administration does not get this. Also w/sites like Move-on.org people don't have to leave their houses.

... I don't remember True Lies that well, I try to forget any Ahnold movies ... probably one of the jihad verses? I'd have to hear it or see the news cast to tell ya

You are incorrect. The CBS poll has by a slim majority (47-44%) said that people think Bush has made the case for war in Iraq. And the latest CNN poll mentioned NOTHING about who supported or didn't support the war.
And I have no idea what move-on.org is because all I get when I try to go there is some white page with A business.net click banner that if you click on it, pops up my email program. Internet polling, hah. Unscientific. Prone to hackers. Utter B.S.

Old 2003-03-07, 11:15 PM   #246
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Autoprime720
im officialy done arguing...its not worth it...the only way anyone on here is happy is if u agree with them..no one can debate they just say "nope your wrong cuz thats not what i said"
......later ladies
Good riddance! If you can't debate without calling into question the loyalty or intelligence of people with anti-war opinions then we'll be glad to see you go.

Old 2003-03-07, 11:38 PM   #247
Strafe
Certifiably not cool.

Chicago, Illinois

Quote:
The numbers don't lie, man. If someone's not protesting they obviously don't feel that strongly about it. I mean hell dude, if you have the COURAGE of your convictions, it shouldn't matter--you should be out there! The variation between the schools in the list shows a consistency. Even the radical Berkeley didn't have that many protesters, as you can see. The percentages are uniform and speak of a trend, not a misuse of numbers. I'm not skewing anything. And the numbers are consistent with the same trend as I saw in MY OWN CITY! A CANADIAN CITY!!!!! And the point is, a MINISCULE number of people in comparison to total population are actually taking the trouble of going out and protesting. Which means, even if a goodly number of OTHER people don't support war either, they don't feel THAT strongly about it.

And don't talk to me about poor samplage of "just" 11 colleges, when YOU GUYS depend on samplage of POLLS that are taken by CNN, CBS, etc, where only a couple HUNDRED OR THOUSAND AT THE MOST people are phoned up during dinner time to be asked these questions. If you look at the names of those schools you'll see the samplage is GEOGRAPHICAL. OK then, I say those polls are twisting the numbers in their favor. After all, the pollsters didn't phone up EVERY SINGLE FREAKING AMERICAN and ask the questions.
I do believe Humourous Conclusion and Papa Snarl laid the smackdown on those stats over at TFans.

Basically you are so twisting those stats to say what you want. The stats don't lie, but the interpretation isn't exactly accurate.

Edit ~

Quote:
If they're NOT protesting they obviously don't feel that strongly about it.
I feel strongly about it, but I didn't protest. Why? I had class and midterms to attend. You can't really skip those.

Your point is refuted, again.

Last edited by Strafe; 2003-03-07 at 11:42 PM.
Old 2003-03-07, 11:41 PM   #248
Jim
Hardcore Movie Lover

Philadelphia, Pa

Who is "YOU GUYS" ?

I'll give a stat that is fact since I like to rely on them so much...

In the month of Feb, while Bush beats the war drum, 304,000 more Americans lost jobs, pushing unemployment up to 5.8%.

Old 2003-03-08, 12:51 AM   #249
Autoprime720
Banned

New Jersey..... Custom Rank:neato

what u didnt read then is that bush is in the progress of making new jobs..thats was released as of today...and as for sir auros..i think u should change ur sig to the comic book guy in the simpsons instread of whatever that is....his personality suits u wayyy better

Old 2003-03-08, 12:53 AM   #250
Blaster_86

Quote:
what u didnt read then is that bush is in the progress of making new jobs..thats was released as of today...and as for sir auros..i think u should change ur sig to the comic book guy in the simpsons instread of whatever that is....his personality suits u wayyy better
You get our hopes up... then crush them.

Old 2003-03-08, 01:01 AM   #251
Autoprime720
Banned

please explain that last comment please...thank you

Old 2003-03-08, 01:04 AM   #252
Blaster_86

Quote:
please explain that last comment please...thank you
Come on you're the intelligent type (:rolleyes: ) you can figure it out.

Old 2003-03-08, 01:27 AM   #253
Autoprime720
Banned

im guessing u saw my post saying i was leaving that thread which i didnt...yes yes now i see... u cant debate in a message board either...theres no instant response...im gonna stick to the q&a's....peoples hold there opinions too high in here....and yes i know i have to take some s**t when i make a post but i dont recall sayin anyone was right or wrong just voicing my opinion..yet everyone bashes me...i can take it but dont wanna deal with the immaturity. NO ONE has actual facts...u may have facts given out by a tv show but who actually believes everything they hear. and i know u can say the same thing to me about my opinion...but once again, in all fairness, i never said i was right and u guys were wrong... realize that what u say is also an opinion and none of us in here have actual facts...im sorry u all have to read this i know how painful my words are..... but this is my last post in this thread, now u can all rejoice

Old 2003-03-08, 02:06 AM   #254
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
u r soo write. Eye repcet ur opinion sooo muche.

Obviously, you're an extremely intelligent individual who's not only well-informed on current events but armed with a razor-sharp wit. That's sarcasm there kid, figured you're not quite intelligent enough to "get it."

Also, don't we just love it when someone cries about how "This is my last post in this thread, goodbye losers!" and then shows up again whining even more?

Cry martyr all you want you prick, but you stated in non-ambiguous words that pretty much everyone who was anti-war and thus disagreed with you was either a know it all or didn't care about Hussein running amok, both of which are just untrue.

Adios Alan, Fat Dragon, or Jtotheiso187 or whichever other little troll you are.

Old 2003-03-08, 06:47 AM   #255
Galvatron91
Has anger management issues

Keeping the world safe from crappy posts
Angry

One warning...that is it...one. The next complaint I get about this thread will cause it to be locked...and Autoprime, the next complaint I get about you will give you a nice time out. Cool? Behave children!

Old 2003-03-08, 06:56 AM   #256
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time

Quote:
Originally posted by Blaster_86
The sad and funny part here is you are doing this to a) Suck up to the mods and Admins, and b) change th subject off an arguement you just lost to Strafe.

You, Autoprime, Fat dragon, and Alan are evolutionary mis-creants. If there is a god you are proof he has a great sense of humor

You four couldn't get a clue if it was the clue mating season and you ran through a field horny clues smeared clue musk on yourselves and did the clue mating dance. But this is all just my opinion so you can't attack it and if you do I'll report you.
Just back off Blaster! You have a funny way of getting in your licks after the fact, rather than making your own arguements. I guess the Canadian shows through. I was merely speaking for other people while myself was not offended by the remark. As for sucking up to the mods and admins you can suck on this!

The outcome of this war will be either positive or negative. I did not lose any arguement to Strafe nor did I win, its called a difference of opinions live and learn. And this week there will be a Muslim pro war march in NYC, for the survivors of the 1991 uprising.

Old 2003-03-08, 08:27 AM   #257
Galvatron91
Has anger management issues

Keeping the world safe from crappy posts

I just said to let the personal stuff go guys...enough is enough. This is ridiculous...

*topic closed*

Since I know someone will start another one, I advice that one be kept clean...we gave a lot of freedom in this one, but really, enough is enough...just discuss people.

Closed Thread