• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2004-11-29, 04:44 PM   #21
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I couldn't agree more. Sorry wheeljack, breakdown [or maybe motormaster, due to the sword? nah...]

Although, you have to see the other side. Smokescreen > Streak. It could turn out to be a genuine wheeljack.

Although I'd prefer breakdown! More cons with snatched bodies [sorry wheeljack, I never liked you]

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 05:50 PM   #22
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

More pics:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread62318.html

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 06:59 PM   #23
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Can't see it working, personally.
Wheeltracks done by Furious George

Plus, a little comparison...

EDIT:
Talking about Furious George... Meet the all-new, all-different Marlboorjack!

Last edited by Nevermore; 2004-11-29 at 11:24 PM.
Old 2004-11-30, 12:16 AM   #24
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Well...there are a couple possibilities.

As far as G1 is concerned, I think everyone is in agreement that this is Wheeljack.

The question of the day is...will it be Wheeljack? When looking at history...although the name "Wheeljack" has not always been reserved for an Autobot, that face always has been an Autobot (first on G1 Wheeljack then on Energon Downshift...did I miss any?)

So...I'd say that if this ends up being an Autobot, they will most likely stick with the name Wheeljack (they have it Copyrighted, and they seem to be sticking fairly well to G1 when they can) and not Downshift.

However, perhaps they're looking to bridge the gap here and make him a Decepticon but not really make it a hijacked body so much as a reprogramed spark...so he's Decepticon and Wheeljack.

Or perhaps he will just be a hijacked body like Dead End and Swindle...but this seems unlikely as the other two known Decepticons are new bodies (Shockwave and Ravage).

Of course, the colors certainly are more in line with Breakdown...and as was stated, they've already discussed using "Brakedown." Maybe this is him.

So...in closing...I have no idea what they're gonna do.

I suppose though, if they do go with an Autobot Wheeljack, there's not a snowball's chance in hell they'll change those stripes to red and green (the big ones red, the small ones green). Probably not, as they're going with the the Shelby look...but it'd be nice. <shrugs>

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:11 AM   #25
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
Except Hasbro's indicated interest in either coming up with their own designs or somehow coercing Takara into breaking from their routine in the line.
Was this at a convention?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 05:46 AM   #26
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Wheeltracks done by Furious George
See, that's what I'm talking about. That looks like Wheeljack. Well, G1 Wheeljack, anyway.

Now, if Hasbro wanted to make Alt 'Wheeljack' a Decepticon, the scheme is more than a little odd. I can sorta see him as Breakdown, though he's way too white to look all that evil.

Hmmm...

You know what might look good on this mould? A Decepticon with Armada Wheeljack's colours. It'll never happen, but I'd like it.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 06:16 AM   #27
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone
Or perhaps he will just be a hijacked body like Dead End and Swindle...but this seems unlikely as the other two known Decepticons are new bodies (Shockwave and Ravage).
New bodies? When did they ever say that?

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:35 AM   #28
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
New bodies? When did they ever say that?
I think it's a presumption based on them having character-centric heads, whereas the Dead End and Swindle toys were designed as having been stolen from the Autobots.

If that makes sense.

Jaguar and Laserwave have their own heads, ergo they're not so evidently stolen bodies. They could still be stolen, mind... but I believe that's what he meant.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:38 AM   #29
BwarBwarwargle

That one just made me choke on a TURD!

Old 2004-11-30, 11:00 AM   #30
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone
So...I'd say that if this ends up being an Autobot, they will most likely stick with the name Wheeljack (they have it Copyrighted, and they seem to be sticking fairly well to G1 when they can) and not Downshift.
You can't "copyright" a name.

Old 2004-11-30, 06:48 PM   #31
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
You can't "copyright" a name.
Um..."trademark" then?

Old 2004-11-30, 06:56 PM   #32
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Illyria
Jaguar and Laserwave have their own heads, ergo they're not so evidently stolen bodies. They could still be stolen, mind... but I believe that's what he meant.
Yep...that was the jump I was making. Perhaps incorrectly. <shrugs>

But one of the Binal Tech translations (if I remember correctly) spoke about how the Decepticons were trying to get their hands on the technology so that they could start creating their own Binal Tech Transformers. So I would assume that they would still use cars for their alt forms (ala Ravage and Shockwave) but they could personalize/individualize the robot forms a little more to their liking.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

The more I've thought about it, though...the more I think that this is probably going to be another hijacked body, and it will be Breakdown (or Brakedown...or whatever they decide to go with).

Old 2004-12-01, 01:39 AM   #33
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Was this at a convention?
Yeah, I remember reading it in the OTFCC panel summary. I believe they asked people in the questionnaire whether or not they'd buy non-car Alternators that were on a different scale. I have trouble believing anyone in the fandom would say no to some Decepticon seekers done in Alternator quality.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 05:51 AM   #34
Danjunma

Default Alternators

Three things I would like to mention: 1: I think the Mustang look is a lot cooler for Wheeljack than for Grimlock. 2: I would like to see an Alternator Ironhide make an appearance as a Humvee or a Hummer. 3: I would definitly like to see Decepticons Alternators make an appearance as jet figthers or tanks or other such war machines, not as race cars like the Autobots. It defeats the whole purpose of who and what Decepticons are.

Old 2004-12-01, 07:37 PM   #35
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX
Default Re: Alternators

Quote:
Originally posted by Danjunma
2: I would like to see an Alternator Ironhide make an appearance as a Humvee or a Hummer.
I thought an army green H2 would be a perfect choice for Brawn.

Old 2004-12-02, 01:00 AM   #36
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Quoth Brimstone:
The question of the day is...will it be Wheeljack? When looking at history...although the name "Wheeljack" has not always been reserved for an Autobot, that face always has been an Autobot (first on G1 Wheeljack then on Energon Downshift...did I miss any?)

The Decepticon Slicer. He was a repaint of the Action Master version of Wheeljack and wasn't available in the US.

They're not going to use Slicer, because few fans know about Slicer. He's an Action Master. He was only available in Europe. He's not a well-known character. Three strikes against him.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:16 PM   #37
Scarrita

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Default Re: Alternators

Quote:
Originally posted by Danjunma
I would like to see an Alternator Ironhide make an appearance as a Humvee or a Hummer.
Although I haven't given any thought to Ironhide being a Hummer, (I think it's an absolutely rediculous design for a truck) in my own mind I always thought that the Dodge Ram would be perfect for Ironhide's Alteranator mode.There's just something, to me, that a cherry red Ram screams Ironhide.

Scarrita is offline   Reply With Quote