• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-01-26, 07:50 PM   #61
Downshift

Bydgoszcz, Poland

1. Are there any signs of them finishing up volume 3 of G1?

2. It's a pity they won't continue Energon.

3. I wanna see Simon Furman and Don Figueroa working on Transformers comics!

Downshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-26, 09:45 PM   #62
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Talking to the guys at the comic shop today and reflecting on GI Joe being restarted, I'm wondering how DD having the TF license will turn out. There are apparently rumors that the GI Joe book is being restarted and Reloaded is being cancelled because Hasbro wants more control over the series. I don't know how the main ongoing was, but Reloaded certainly wasn't showcasing a lot of the figures showing up in stores, just a smaller cast of fan favorites.

If there's any merit to that, it makes me worry about what could happen to future TF books. We're already hearing that G1 will be restarted as Alternators (which wouldn't be G1 then, would it?), and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cybertron series.

Basically, I'm afraid of Hasbro cocking it up with a bunch of restrictions like how they handled the original Marvel series. I'm not so worried that they'll be as bad as Mattel about the MOTU license though...

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-26, 10:44 PM   #63
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
Talking to the guys at the comic shop today and reflecting on GI Joe being restarted, I'm wondering how DD having the TF license will turn out. There are apparently rumors that the GI Joe book is being restarted and Reloaded is being cancelled because Hasbro wants more control over the series. I don't know how the main ongoing was, but Reloaded certainly wasn't showcasing a lot of the figures showing up in stores, just a smaller cast of fan favorites.

If there's any merit to that, it makes me worry about what could happen to future TF books. We're already hearing that G1 will be restarted as Alternators (which wouldn't be G1 then, would it?), and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cybertron series.
All of these points are still nothing but rumors at this point, though...

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-26, 10:52 PM   #64
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

The GI Joe books are being cancelled, the reason is still a rumor. Is it still just a rumor that DD is getting the TF license? I thought enough places other than Seibertron (many that don't just make up their news for site hits) had confirmed it.

Old 2005-01-26, 11:28 PM   #65
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Josh (former freelance DW colorist) repatedly stated at 2005 boards that his "sources" confirmed that the TF license was still up in the air. Evidently, it's even rumored that DD themselves are spreading rumors that they have obtained the license in order to scare off potential competitors.

Old 2005-01-27, 12:24 AM   #66
God Jinrai
Matrix Keeper

nowhere anyone will find me

I'll assume no one bothered to mention this... Figueroa's inked the deal with DD... he's on with them now.

God Jinrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-27, 12:31 AM   #67
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time

Quote:
Originally posted by God Jinrai
I'll assume no one bothered to mention this... Figueroa's inked the deal with DD... he's on with them now.
When you assume you make an ass out of u, and u.

http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...039#post395039

Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-27, 03:38 AM   #68
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

I thought DW couldn't afford to pay the license fee for TFs...?

I would be surprised if there was an Energon series again, really. For a start, I'd seriously question how high demand is... how many topics bemoaning the title's disappearance are there in the Arm/En forum, for one? For another, if the licence gets picked up by DD, say, tomorrow, it's going to be, what, March at the earliest before they get material out - by when Energon's ging to be filling the reduced shelves, and Hasbro will be pushing for Cybertron to be the toy comic.

However, one thing to consider, for both G1 and Energon, is that in the first few issues of Frontline, DD brought in Larry Hama to do a comic following on from the last Marvel issue. This means they're not as hilariously scared of preceding work as DW were, and means if their G1 series takes off and Transformers provies its worth, there might be a TF book like Frontline telling selected, not necessarily connected TF stories - personally, I think a Marvel Fanfare-style title would suit Transformers, being able to use diverse characters and timelines... but I maintain DD would be a bunch of idiots to launch their G1 title by starting at DW G1 #11. Oh wait, by the sounds of things, they are a bunch of idiots. Yay.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-27, 04:21 AM   #69
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Oh wait, by the sounds of things, they are a bunch of idiots. Yay.
Sadly, even I'm starting to wonder about that. Between the bizarre cancellation of the Joe titles and releasing 5 variant covers for the first issue and at least 3 for later issues in both of their Evil Dead miniseries, I'm starting to wonder how long it'll be before they go the way of Dreamwave.

They cancelled The Legend of Huma series on me and now they're cancelling GI Joe Reloaded (apparently for good) and restarting the main series. Granted, I haven't done much research into any of that, but their actions boggle my mind.

Old 2005-01-27, 10:56 AM   #70
Ghirox

Default my speculation

If Energon comics will be stopped, and JOE restarted, could be possible that Cybertron is an entirely new series and/or related whit JOE's new series/stories?
eventually this mean that GF will remain a Japanese-only, while Hasbro will license a Cybertron comic and cartoon for his own market, not only an english dub/adaptation of GF .... have someome info about new stories?

Old 2005-01-27, 04:24 PM   #71
DrSpengler
Primus

Quote:
Sadly, even I'm starting to wonder about that. Between the bizarre cancellation of the Joe titles and releasing 5 variant covers for the first issue and at least 3 for later issues in both of their Evil Dead miniseries, I'm starting to wonder how long it'll be before they go the way of Dreamwave.

They cancelled The Legend of Huma series on me and now they're cancelling GI Joe Reloaded (apparently for good) and restarting the main series. Granted, I haven't done much research into any of that, but their actions boggle my mind.
Well, the multiple covers thing is a little stupid, but the Evil Dead comic itself is quite entertaining.

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-27, 05:15 PM   #72
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Default Re: my speculation

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
If Energon comics will be stopped, and JOE restarted, could be possible that Cybertron is an entirely new series and/or related whit JOE's new series/stories?
eventually this mean that GF will remain a Japanese-only, while Hasbro will license a Cybertron comic and cartoon for his own market, not only an english dub/adaptation of GF .... have someome info about new stories?
Erm... eh?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-27, 07:39 PM   #73
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4610

The latest Seibertron rumor...

Someone's definitely got it in for the Binaltech backstory. :rolleyes:

Old 2005-01-27, 07:58 PM   #74
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:

Basically, I'm afraid of Hasbro cocking it up with a bunch of restrictions like how they handled the original Marvel series. I'm not so worried that they'll be as bad as Mattel about the MOTU license though...
not an AMAZING amount has happened in the ongoing

Serpentor returned for a while, but "apparently" died, the shady jugglers however are in possession of Serpentors living body (i think) and have plans for him., the most drastic thing thats happened in the ongoing is Hawk got shot, and has been discharged, and theres now some new dude in charge of the Joes, with a few of them, like Duke, Snake-Eyes and Scarlett being wanted criminals for escaping capture for something...

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote