• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-02-26, 09:05 PM   #21
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Quote:
Quoth RID Scourge:
True, but that could be a red herring, and I doubt they'll stop making Alternators after 2005, unless they make another alternators-style line.
They won't stop the Alternators line after 2005 or even after 2009; it's too much of a cash cow. The Binaltech story could be continued to run parallel to the movie, Season Three, Rebirth/Headmasters, and beyond, whenever they might occur.

But I still acknowledge that your point has merit. This does indeed give Ichikawa a plot point he can use later on should Hasbro/Takara produce Alternators contrary to what is already established in general continuity. I'm just saying that it looks like Ichikawa's intent right now isn't to cause an upheavel in the timeline, but he may still do as you suggest later, if future releases warrant it.
It's a case where we both could be right, depending upon when in the overall story we're talking about.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-26, 10:38 PM   #22
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
They won't stop the Alternators line after 2005 or even after 2009; it's too much of a cash cow.
Alternators maybe, but it doesn't look nearly as good for Binaltech, unfortunately, which in turn might reflect on Alternators as well...

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-26, 10:42 PM   #23
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

Whats happening to the line ? Are they putting an end to Alternators/Binaltech or something or is all this just speculation ?

Rookwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-27, 03:16 AM   #24
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Don't worry, Rookwise. There's nothing to be concerned about. Nevermore was just correcting something I said. As far as I know, Binaltech/Alternators isn't going to be slated for a premature demise any time soon.

Last edited by Roadstripe; 2005-02-27 at 03:22 AM.
Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-27, 06:39 AM   #25
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

Quote:
I'm just saying that it looks like Ichikawa's intent right now isn't to cause an upheavel in the timeline, but he may still do as you suggest later, if future releases warrant it.
It's a case where we both could be right, depending upon when in the overall story we're talking about.
Gee, its not like they don't already have a buttload of continuities as it is. What's the harm in one more to the pile?

Sooner or later, they need to do a "Crisis on Multiple Cybertrons" or something.

Zisteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-27, 08:29 PM   #26
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

Quote:
Don't worry, Rookwise. There's nothing to be concerned about. Nevermore was just correcting something I said. As far as I know, Binaltech/Alternators isn't going to be slated for a premature demise any time soon.
Thats good. I thought I'd end up only having car modifing left to do if Alternators stopped. I'm currently painting accessories to go with Hound (heavy gun set), Swindle (arm cannon made from a custom Hound weapon set), Windcharger (gunbarrel), Smokescreen and Sideswipe (missile sets).
Have finished Jazz's and Silverstreaks so far (missile sets).

Is there anywhere that I could post the finished pics on this site ?

Old 2005-03-01, 10:55 PM   #27
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
The Binaltech story could be continued to run parallel to the movie, Season Three, Rebirth/Headmasters, and beyond, whenever they might occur.
That's already gone...I think it has officially left the G1 continuity because of Swerve (and I think in the movie you see Sunstreaker and Wheeljack dead in their old G1 bodies, correct?)

So, I think it's safe to say that Binaltech is now officially its own continuity. But you're right in that Ravage doesn't really change that (as it can still be possible for Ravage-tape to escape and Ravage-car to be put down.)

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-01, 10:57 PM   #28
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
As long as Ichikawa is in charge, I expect nothing but the unexpected. Ever since Meister and Swindle, I'm prepared for everything, and yet he never fails to surprise me time and again.
What specifically are you referring to about Meister and Swindle that caught you off guard?
Quote:
Brought to you by Remy:

"Where did I put my tapes again?"
Is that actually on BT Ravage? Or is it just a custom thing?

Old 2005-03-01, 11:53 PM   #29
deej

Brisbane, Australia

The latter - a custom using Ravage from the Worlds Smallest TF line... pretty nifty if you ask me

deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-02, 12:04 AM   #30
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone
What specifically are you referring to about Meister and Swindle that caught you off guard?
Meister and Swindle featured an EDC agent named "D.R. Faireborn".

That's referring to Marissa Faireborn's father we saw in season 3's "The Killing Jar". Since he had the same voice actor (Bill Ratner) as Flint from "G.I. Joe", who just happened to be named "Dashiell R. Faireborn", fans assumed Marissa was supposed to be Flint's daughter.

And now look up the initials of the EDC agent.

Plus, Swindle featured a "Count von Rani" (aka Iron Klaw from G.I. Joe Extreme) and a "General Kreiger" (Garrison Kreiger aka General Blitz from "Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles"). Neither of them are Transformers characters.

Quote:
Is that actually on BT Ravage? Or is it just a custom thing?
That's WSTF Jaguar (Ravage).

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part5/act118/

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-02, 02:56 AM   #31
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Death's Rhead?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-02, 04:03 PM   #32
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Ah, yes...the G.I. Joe references. That was cool.
Quote:
That's WSTF Jaguar (Ravage).

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/part5/act118/
Shucks, that would have been cool. Ah well.

Thanks.

Old 2005-03-04, 06:52 PM   #33
BattleLeppard

Question triple changer

I don't like him at all. It's like putting a T-Rex head on Grimlock's robot mode. It looks stupid and funny at the same time. I would get it if there was a real third panther mode.

RX-8 Laserwave/Shockblast's ok but I don't like the car's color. It is not as exciting as white or red. Again, I would get it if there was a third gun mode.

Then my question is: will we have a *triple changer* in the Binaltech/Alternators line in the future?

Old 2005-03-04, 07:09 PM   #34
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by BattleLeppard
I don't like him at all. It's like putting a T-Rex head on Grimlock's robot mode. It looks stupid and funny at the same time. I would get it if there was a real third panther mode.
Except that the panther was technically Ravage's robot mode, so it kind of makes sense.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-04, 07:19 PM   #35
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

I think it would be unlikely if Hasbro/Takara would do 3 mode Alts and Binal's.
You would'nt say you did'nt like Shockwaves colour if you saw the actual version of the car. The purple paintjob is really nice and mixed with black it certainly has a don't fcuk with me look.

Old 2005-03-04, 10:07 PM   #36
Arcee

Germany. Status: not blonde

I don't think Alternator/Binaltech triple changers could be made. It's difficult enough to make a TF that looks like a realistic model car in vehicle mode and has a good robot mode. Now think how difficult (not to say "impossible") it would be to make something that has a third mode and still looks like a realistic car in vehicle mode.

Arcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-06, 09:50 PM   #37
BattleLeppard

Lightbulb car/animal concept

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by fort_max
Except that the panther was technically Ravage's robot mode, so it kind of makes sense.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I think about it again and as most of you think, a Binaltech/Alternators triple changer is a too big challenge for Takara/Hasbro. But eventually they will run out of ideas they have to go further than repaints and remolds.

As I technically ;-) agree with fort_max, an idea comes to my mind. They will have to create a car/animal transformation! Imagine Ravage/car/panther w/obligatory Cheetor repaint/remold ;-), Laserbeak/car/bird, Grimlock/pick-up/t-rex, Cybershark/F1/shark, Bonecrusher/bulldozer/buffalo,... you see the picture.

It was the Beast Wars that brought me as TFs fan again. And now I believe that to keep the Binaltech/Alternators line as the best one ever, (cuz Galaxy Force is a serious contender) Takara/Hasbro will have to go beyond the car/robot concept.

What do you guys think? Will the fans buy a car/animal TF toy?

Old 2005-03-06, 10:34 PM   #38
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Car manufacturers won't, therefore you're unlikely to see anything along those lines. The 'selling point' of the line is licensed designs.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote