• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2005-12-20, 09:51 PM   #21
jepc71

Da UP Eh

I haven't posted well, forever, I normally sit around and read the threads though. I saw this one and couldn't resist posting. I know you may think it is a horrible thing that Bush okayed wiretapping and everything, but he is not by far the first president to do so. Look at Bill Clinton and his secert program called Echelon. Not only did this program listen in on all calls going out of the US it checked all e-mails, faxes, basically anything digital, even radio signals! Clinton also used this program to perform Economic easedropping. He used the program to learn what forgein companies were doing within the US.
Also to think in this day of age everything we are doing is not being monitored anyways is crazy. I work for a business as a computer tech, and we check what each employee is doing on a daily basis.
So don't just think George Bush Jr. was the only president to do this stuff. Do some research before you whine and complain and it all becomes clear

jepc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 10:16 PM   #22
ravimus prime

Dublin

oh yes trechary is the way of American presidents...

and in relation to the father thing, my father is a dirty old man. he hates Catholics and all religion. hates my mother. wants a creative zen sleek at 46. believes he is all philosophical, but is not.
and has a weird sense of humour...

ravimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 10:31 PM   #23
-Predaking-

Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally posted by jepc71
I haven't posted well, forever, I normally sit around and read the threads though. I saw this one and couldn't resist posting. I know you may think it is a horrible thing that Bush okayed wiretapping and everything, but he is not by far the first president to do so. Look at Bill Clinton and his secert program called Echelon. Not only did this program listen in on all calls going out of the US it checked all e-mails, faxes, basically anything digital, even radio signals! Clinton also used this program to perform Economic easedropping. He used the program to learn what forgein companies were doing within the US.
Also to think in this day of age everything we are doing is not being monitored anyways is crazy. I work for a business as a computer tech, and we check what each employee is doing on a daily basis.
So don't just think George Bush Jr. was the only president to do this stuff. Do some research before you whine and complain and it all becomes clear
Stick to the current event please. Bush violated 4th Amendment, pure and simple. You can spin it whatever you want but it doesn't change the facts that it's a impeachable offense if found true. Clinton may or may not have done the same but since congress did not pursue it (as they were too busy impeaching him for sleeping with intern) we may never know.

-Predaking- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 05:20 PM   #24
Bountyhunter
Gestalt

edgewater

Hopefully the democrats will finally grow some balls and impeach the piece of . . . . Anyway thats what they seem to want to do and also say what you will about Clinton He did the job. His personal life should not matter in this at all and George Bush falls into the same catergory as Reagan and Sr. Corrupt and Killers. Both of Americans and Iraqi's and the rest of the monsters of the past. They label Huessian as hitler-lite. I think That's George's title and he is THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO THE WORLD IN THE LAST FIFTY PLUS YEARS. May he and cheney and his cabinet rot in jail.

Bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 01:04 PM   #25
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I imagin just about every President since phones were invented has done illgal phone taps at some stage... It's just 99.99% of them were smart enough not to get caught (which is yet another damning sign of Bush's terminal thickness, tax payers deserve at least a smart crook in the Oval Office...)

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 01:45 AM   #26
jepc71

Da UP Eh

Quote:
Originally posted by -Predaking-
Stick to the current event please. Bush violated 4th Amendment, pure and simple. You can spin it whatever you want but it doesn't change the facts that it's a impeachable offense if found true. Clinton may or may not have done the same but since congress did not pursue it (as they were too busy impeaching him for sleeping with intern) we may never know.
I believe I am sticking to the current issue because to understand the current you have to understand the past. You can't just believe everything a news man tells you. You have to research a little on your own to really know what is happening. But to be current it is not a impeachable offense or a violation of the 4th ammendment. The program was actually okayed by a House Committee and okayed through judical channels. Any search or easedropping warrent they got was through that. Also since technically we are in a state of war the presidents powers are expanded, which has been common practice for a long time. The president is granted a little extra power because 1. somethings need to be done quickly and 2. somethings are a matter national security and most be kept secret. So it is not a impeachable offense at this point.

jepc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 05:18 AM   #27
Bodycount
Banned

Those of you who claim to "nuke" or "level" the middle-east need to be banned from this forum. This is a worldwide forum, and that kind of idea is genocidal, racist, hateful, and dangerous. What about board members here who happen to BE from the middle-east? You want them nuked?

Seriously mods, you guys are doing a poor job when you let crap like this fly.

I know I'm not the nicest guy around, but with ideas like that, most of you deserve what you get from me time to time.

Bodycount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 05:30 AM   #28
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodycount
Those of you who claim to "nuke" or "level" the middle-east need to be banned from this forum. This is a worldwide forum, and that kind of idea is genocidal, racist, hateful, and dangerous. What about board members here who happen to BE from the middle-east? You want them nuked?

I know I'm not the nicest guy around, but with ideas like that, most of you deserve what you get from me time to time.
Who said that, you crazy man?

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 06:58 AM   #29
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978

Quote:
Those of you who claim to "nuke" or "level" the middle-east need to be banned from this forum. .
Are you reading a different thread? I though this topic was about phone tapping?

There was a side note on how older generations view global events and their subsequent laughable 'solutions' to current problems, but no sabre rattling call for the atomic decimation of the middle east by board members, that I can see.

Last edited by Wildrider; 2005-12-25 at 07:16 AM.
Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 08:57 PM   #30
Bountyhunter
Gestalt

edgewater

Quote:

I agree with you, for once... killing is not the answer, never was. Republicans and middle america( back stabbers and uneducated hicks) do not understand this and yes they should be banned to texas and the rest of the us sell texas to the highest bidder and let them do as they please with them.

As to Bush breaking the law the President is not above the law find him a cell with the stereotype "Bubba" and he will be the prison bitch and maybe sanity will return to this world.

Bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 10:24 AM   #31
Decepticon Spike
Me, Swoop, no see nothing.

Ohio

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
Iffy Hitler was "Ok" at running Germany with that "Feeling we are losing some of our freedoms" however he caused somewhat of an iffy war
*edit*
forget what I posted. guess I'm not welcome on this site.

Last edited by Decepticon Spike; 2005-12-28 at 10:33 AM.
Decepticon Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 11:16 AM   #32
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978

Quote:
Originally posted by Decepticon Spike
*edit*
forget what I posted. guess I'm not welcome on this site.
Easy tiger, no one flamed you or berated you for your opinion, because that's what it is, your opinion. I'm not entirley sure comparing Bush to Hitler was the way to go in challenging your opinion though....

Just to clarify Bountyhunter no one has called for the mass bombing of the middle east in this thread, so you're agreeing with a figment of Bodycount's imagination.

However if someone did post offensive, badly informed and flame baiting posts, especially ones calling for nuclear genocide on a global scale, I'm sure they wouldn't last long.

Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote