• transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2006-03-08, 05:30 AM   #21
chimung

I bet cash money that if they release a THS Primal, and if the alt mode doesn't look like a real gorilla, some of you will call it "stylized" :rolleyes:

But hey, the concept of a die cast BW figure is a neat idea!

chimung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 06:23 AM   #22
Batmanners
Dinobot

North Bay, Ontario, Canada

I don't have many problems with this OP. But that's because I would keep him in Robot mode 100% of the time. Why bitch and nag, it's gonna be on display, if one of the modes looks damn near perfect, then take that mode and display it. I honestly hope those of you with over 100TF's don't take them off the shelves and play with them.

JW what do you guys consider the best G1 Styled OP?
Because I think the 20th Anniversary OP Release is the best looking aside from this one, though the size is a bit disconcerning.

Anyways, at least they're not re-releasing G1 Styled Megatrons, unless they plan on fixing the robot mode a LOT. haha I never seen such an abomination.

Batmanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 09:16 PM   #23
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

I'm going to pick one up, but that really has more to do with the robot and the trailer with Roller.

I'm really more adverse to the Galaxy Convoy design than this one. G1 Convoy may be a mis-proportioned truck, but at least I can tell that that's what it's supposed to be. That's enough for me, especially considering that I'm more interested in the trailer/base and the extra bits.

I'm not saying it's pretty in truck mode; just that I'll not keep it in that mode anyway, and it's cheaper than a vintage or reissue of the original mold.

I do think that it siginifies that Takara is either out of ideas for the line, or that Galaxy Convoy sold abyssmally poorly and they're trying to milk the concept for one more release before canning the idea.

Last edited by Clay; 2006-03-08 at 09:22 PM.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 09:34 PM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
RM Convoy still has the worst robot mode, though...
Nope, he has much better proportion according to those pictures - his thighs, especially. The stripes on the arms of the other two, however authentic, look diabolical. That's also a really unflattering shot of RM Convoy's hips, unless Takara's superb (and by superb I mean Godawful) quality control has stiffed me in a good way. The head of the RM one's better as well. And his hands, unlike the Hybrid, actually look like they belong to the same body as his arms. Those are CGI model hands or something! And the Hybrid one looks like he's had a few too many Energon snacks. And the cab windows are ****. And he has giant holes in his ankles - does that tie in with the crucifiction iconography in TF:TM or something? I'd say MP Prime's still technically the best figure, but he's the size of a house and has little real relevance for those of us who don't actually display TFs as art.

Were you just being sarcastic? If you were, then I was also being sarcastic. Yes.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2006-03-08 at 09:37 PM.
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 04:40 PM   #25
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Well, it's nice to have a trailer for one of the retro Primes at last, but I can't see anyone with RM Prime bothering to buy this as well...

*Waits for all the RM Prime owners to go "Well I'm geting one"*

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 06:01 PM   #26
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by chimung
What does "taking the piss" mean?
The British colloquialism means "subject to ridicule". It probably originates from the practise of dye-makers collecting urine from privies for use in the textile industry, circa the Middle Ages.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
The head of the RM one's better as well.
Definitely. Marvel G2 all the way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Batmanners
I honestly hope those of you with over 100TF's don't take them off the shelves and play with them.
Why? They're toys -- whatever poncy justifications adult collectors make. I don't roleplay with them these days, but the purpose of Transformers is robots that can be changed into other things. Think desktop toys like Rubik's Cube.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 06:37 PM   #27
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

Eh, in response to those that don't like the cab mode, is it really supposed to be realistic. My opinion is no, taking hybrid to be a mix of 84 and the newer model.

But, its even got a jetpack. It's got a lot going for it. I wouldn't get it for I don't like the robot mode but I like the idea they were attempting here.

DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 07:00 PM   #28
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by DrEvil
Eh, in response to those that don't like the cab mode, is it really supposed to be realistic. My opinion is no, taking hybrid to be a mix of 84 and the newer model.
Which "newer model"?

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 09:27 PM   #29
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

The more current of Primes: Robot Master, Masterpiece. By this I also mean current technology.

Old 2006-03-09, 10:06 PM   #30
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
The more current of Primes: Robot Master, Masterpiece. By this I also mean current technology.
But these models are all supposed to represent the G1 character.

Old 2006-03-09, 11:07 PM   #31
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

Yes, but I think it represents the G1 Convoy, just as the RM and MP did in their own way. I mean if they wanted to make an exact G1 Convoy, it would be in no way a Hybrid.

Old 2006-03-09, 11:43 PM   #32
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US
Lightbulb

Quote:
Yes, but I think it represents the G1 Convoy, just as the RM and MP did in their own way. I mean if they wanted to make an exact G1 Convoy, it would be in no way a Hybrid.
So, according to you, Rm and MP should both be called Hybrid Style, due to the fact that they represent the G1 character with modern technology. If that's so, than I have Hybrid style G1 Convoy and G1 Seekers, and Hybrid Style BW Convoy and Megatron.

Plus, the Galaxy Convoy was also a hybrid style, and it was released at the same time as the Convoy it's based on, thus you are wrong.

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 11:44 PM   #33
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

So what is Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy a mix of then?

Old 2006-03-09, 11:53 PM   #34
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Does "Hybrid Style" actually mean anything?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 12:09 AM   #35
Alternator Swindle

*put witty place here*

It looks cool but what i really want to know is where i can buy that truck Nevermore posted

Alternator Swindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 12:35 AM   #36
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
So what is Hybrid Style Galaxy Convoy a mix of then?
"Hybrid Style" means nothing, It's just meant to make us argue, rather than actually pay attention to the horrible truck mode.

:Edit: Oh, Galaxy Convoy, I don't think "Hybrid Style" actually means anything.

Last edited by tahukanuva; 2006-03-10 at 12:37 AM.
Old 2006-03-10, 05:20 AM   #37
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Quote:
Quoth Clay:
Does "Hybrid Style" actually mean anything?
It's a catchy toy series title meant to attract customers.
As to what it's a hybrid of, my guess is the "Hybrid Style" is not a hybridization of different versions/updates of Convoys, but of different toy styles in general, a cross between regular Transformer toys and certain types of robot figures which are themselves hybrids of model sets and toys (certain Gundam figures are like this).

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 05:43 PM   #38
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

Quote:
Originally posted by tahukanuva
So, according to you, Rm and MP should both be called Hybrid Style, due to the fact that they represent the G1 character with modern technology. If that's so, than I have Hybrid style G1 Convoy and G1 Seekers, and Hybrid Style BW Convoy and Megatron.

Plus, the Galaxy Convoy was also a hybrid style, and it was released at the same time as the Convoy it's based on, thus you are wrong.
I was only taking the name Hybrid to mean what it means. I didn't expect all this.

No, in my opinion Masterpiece and RobotMasters were different for they were a different line alltogether. Masterpiece, I thought at the time, was to go along with the Alternators/Binaltech which were a new spin on characters.
RobotMasters I'm not entirely sure about.

The Galaxy Convoy has nothing to do with G1 though or that original design.

And its my opinion, so its not wrong. There are no right and wrong opinions. I was only basing my reasoning on the word Hybrid to actually mean something with the line.
I'll shutup now.

Old 2006-03-11, 02:12 AM   #39
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US

Quote:
No, in my opinion Masterpiece and RobotMasters were different
I mentioned them due to you saying that it was a "Hybrid Style" because it was a fusion of G1 Prime with modern technology.