• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2006-09-14, 06:39 PM   #41
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Well, I know that the media, that was attached to the respective series that the super car brothers and the classic pretenders were in, did give explaination. This does not have the benefit of attached media. Didn't prime end up coming out of the Swarm with a form that looke da lot like his Combat Hero incarnation at the end of G2? 'Sbeen a while, but I seem to remember that.

Spychanger redecos were mostly after the series had ended and were, more or less, a clear-cut case of money-grabbing. The first redecos made sense, as they could be explained as the invisible modes.

Though, I guess it answers my query along the lines of that they probably won't bother.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 06:43 PM   #42
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

(If it's the Autobot Bros from RID you're refering to, the super modes were through being charged up by the Matrix, via Ultra Magnus.)

I'm far more a fan of the Transformer toys and character designs than anything else, so - especially in the case of a line aimed at collectors [of Transformers and car models] - I'm only really interested in how good the figure is.

I'm unaware of a linking story behind Alternators (certainly haven't noticed it on the Euro packaging), so had assumed they were really just a stand alone toy line.

Still, I can easily see the frustration of there being two versions of the same character for people who like to imagine some sort of vaguely sensicle story behind the line!

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 08:19 PM   #43
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Wow. Somebody better tell Clay to be careful what he wishes for...

That looks like crap if it's transformed correctly. I may actually be able to pass this one up.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 08:33 PM   #44
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Well, I know that the media, that was attached to the respective series that the super car brothers and the classic pretenders were in, did give explaination. This does not have the benefit of attached media. Didn't prime end up coming out of the Swarm with a form that looke da lot like his Combat Hero incarnation at the end of G2? 'Sbeen a while, but I seem to remember that.

Yeh; Hasbro didn't bother, though, did they?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 09:19 PM   #45
Alseides Prime

Um....butts twelve by pies.

Delicious, absolutley delicious

Alseides Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 10:38 PM   #46
optimusskids
Primus

UK

My favour is Skyfall who apparently is some kind of Pan-changer that can turn into a tin opener. Although G2 Roadblocks "slice through armour like a machete through birthday cake has to be up there.

Not bad nice Jaguar alt mode although i'm not too sure aout all that space in his mid section.

Shame we didn't get a new character but still better than the black corvette robot wise.

i'm sure someone could dream up something about an alterante reality if they wanted to. Its been done before

optimusskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 12:43 AM   #47
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

No no .. skyfall himself doesn't transform into anything. He's the Autobot McGuyver. Read the tech again, he can turn any series of 'innocent' items into useful tools and weapons while on a mission.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote