• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-01-14, 12:59 PM   #21
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Now, those really do look not bad at all - especially Op with his Laser Rod cab mode... Robots are a little chunky, but no worse than anything Armergtron gave us, plus they look deluxe-sized, which if officially the best size for a TF EVER.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 01:47 PM   #22
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

The figures all look fun for simple-ish chaps. Prime comes out amazingly well, I must say!

(Worst version of Screamer to date, methinks...)

Ironhide looks to have great potential - I just can't wait to see the more 'proper' or 'normal' detailed version! (Not a fan of that one if he ain't mistransformed - shoulders...)

Quote:
deluxe-sized, which if officially the best size for a TF EVER
Just to be argumentative - a well done Legends figure has to be my fave scale! (But Deluxes do offer a good balance of detail and fun, almost assured, while Legends seem to be hit-and-miss at the moment...) But, hey, I love wee Transformers!

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 03:18 PM   #23
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

It's.. the return of the G2 Powermasters!

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 03:57 PM   #24
Fallen In Darkness
Protoform

Greece

Poor Starscream. He should be crying for being so patheticly designed in this movie... "Baaaaaah Megatlon why me???" - "Shut up Starscream. There are even doubts about me..."

The other stuff looks cool (see? I say good comments for the movie toys at last:P) Optimus is great. Ironhide is showing an interesting transformation and I dont think his shoulders are mistransformed that much. But questions are about his head (as other said before me). And Jazz is cool. As he should be (maybe the only tf that is not so much different from his original version... - ok there is Optimus... but anyway)

Cheerz

Fallen In Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:41 PM   #25
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I have to agree with TF Vanguard. After posting earlier, the figures suddenly struck me as terribly reminiscent of G2 figures (such as the OP and Meg 'heroes' etc.).

Not a bad thing!

Old 2007-01-14, 06:42 PM   #26
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

meh. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed, just meh.

Zisteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:55 PM   #27
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by numbat
I have to agree with TF Vanguard. After posting earlier, the figures suddenly struck me as terribly reminiscent of G2 figures (such as the OP and Meg 'heroes' etc.).

Not a bad thing!

Yeh, I got a big Laser Rod vibe out of them, and not just from Prime's alt mode... Which is good - I'm more into cheap, cheerful and addictive medium-sized/small figures at the moment, so these are the sort of thing I'm likely to pick up. They look articulated enough to make fun desktop toys.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 07:07 PM   #28
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

After getting excited about Ironhide's robot mode, I have to say that the truck mode's really disappointing. A little too sd for my taste. Hopefully, the main toy will be better.

Really don't like Starscream's design at all. Optimus' robot mode reminds me of these guys.

Jazz is fair to decent, but I think I want to get the main version, if his robot mode turns out cool.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 07:45 PM   #29
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
After getting excited about Ironhide's robot mode, I have to say that the truck mode's really disappointing. A little too sd for my taste. Hopefully, the main toy will be better.

Really don't like Starscream's design at all. Optimus' robot mode reminds me of these guys.

Jazz is fair to decent, but I think I want to get the main version, if his robot mode turns out cool.
damn i feel old when i remember and see those. i still have those too *laughs*

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:58 PM   #30
mongoosehuman

Chicago, IL

I'm with all of you who like small and cheap toys, because I'm addicted to Basics But I'm still a little disappointed because these seem a lot less complex than the Cybertron Basics. I'd like see a progression of that rather than a reversion to the G2 designs.

mongoosehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 09:53 PM   #31
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

Jazz is very cool, as awaited and expected. Ironhide is big 'n beefy, bar the thighs, which is always the case and a peeve of mine (except in Cybertron really big Screamer, where the thighs are very nice, ta). OP is pretty much as usual, nothing new, the guy we all know. But they should get Starscream out of that jumper, as the batwings are sooo out of date and look to be crippling his potential movements, and the head mold is questionable.

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 01:29 AM   #32
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Clogs
Jazz is very cool, as awaited and expected. Ironhide is big 'n beefy, bar the thighs, which is always the case and a peeve of mine (except in Cybertron really big Screamer, where the thighs are very nice, ta). OP is pretty much as usual, nothing new, the guy we all know. But they should get Starscream out of that jumper, as the batwings are sooo out of date and look to be crippling his potential movements, and the head mold is questionable.
i wish we could get some high resolution pics of the head molds. i really can't tell what screamer and the others really look like (might be my monitor or something), but the head molds are making me curios! someone on Transtopia transformed screamer's colors to look like BW Rampage, and i had to admit it looked pretty good if it was for that character in particular, but yea screamer is dissapointing..
[[edit edit: here is the link to the forum page too, enjoy all]]
http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5625

Last edited by Springer007; 2007-01-15 at 01:31 AM.
Old 2007-01-15, 02:04 AM   #33
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer007
[[edit edit: here is the link to the forum page too, enjoy all]]
http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5625
Interesting. The artist's choice of color really helped make the details on Crabscream pop. Made me realize what I was missing out on from the original Screamer pics. It's.....not too shabby.

Last edited by zigzagger; 2007-01-15 at 02:17 AM.
zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 03:53 AM   #34
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yeah, the colors definitely make it a bit more palatable. It's by nomeans a good mold, but sometimes a little color can help something look less like crap.

EDIT: I'd say as far as molds go, it's passable at best, with the right colors.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2007-01-15 at 03:55 AM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 08:38 PM   #35
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

That's a Predacon....

Old 2007-01-16, 12:06 AM   #36
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Clogs
That's a Predacon....
yes, true. but the person who did the photoshop modification basically had in mind was this (at least in my interpretation): if the beast wars happened, and somehow the parts of Rampage were found by today's decepticons, this is what Rampage would look like as an embodiment of today compared to far off in the future/past or whatever. Anyways. plus the guy did it to show the details that are pretty tough to see in the stock photos with the original paint apps, and a possibility of another character involvedd, and in his opinion, who was better suited for the mold rather than star scream.

Old 2007-01-17, 07:48 AM   #37
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Prime and Ironhide upclose...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=120399

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 03:23 PM   #38
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

As always, good pictures make the world of difference!

The two are looking very G2 - which I like a lot!

Detail is amazing, and Prime is looking even better!

Seeing Ironhide in detail, I actually really like the design. The collapsed bonnet is really cool, and I like the head (even if it is rather cougar-esque... a future Ravage repaint? [Maybe too close in colourscheme to do...]). I must have misinterpreted the first pics, as the shoulder thing does not seem a real issue given the collapsed front. I shall definitely be looking forward to seeing a Voyager (or even Deluxe) sized version!

Alas, the problem with this line is the sheer number of differing versions of characters being offered. (At the same time it's a real strength, providing a selection likely to please most...) I don't really want come come away with say three versions of Movie Prime. (I don't like coming away with a Prime from every line even - and don't.) So which to choose? Itsy bitsy Legends scale Prime would be a definite, but which other? And it looks like this is gonna be the rub with every character!

Old 2007-01-18, 10:28 PM   #39
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Numbat - why do I often find you've got there first...!

Man-o-man, I want to stop this Prime fetish, because I really like these figures overall and the dark collector beneath my calm exterior is salivating AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE OP!

NB. Ironhide has been at the same plate of lemons that the 'Cons have, though. Puts the kibosh on the theory that only the big bad boys have to look that way.