• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-02-05, 03:34 PM   #21
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by mongoosehuman
Are you talking about the one that crawls out of the swimming pool? I only noticed two other red-eyed bots in the trailer, and they look like Barricade and Blackout.
That's the one.

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:44 PM   #22
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

I was given to believe from other peoples' comments that the robot emerging from the swimming pool was Starscream.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:45 PM   #23
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Certainly could have done better with a new face sculpt, but if I weren't pretty much done with collecting tfs, I'd pick him up. Who knows. Maybe I'll talk myself into it, or something, but Blackout would be the priority.

The fast action battler whatever dealy Jazz would probably be one I'd want, too, but I have to be strong in cutting myself off. I've moved on to Joes, since they're cheaper and they take up less space. He might eb the exception, since I don't mind the smaller tfs so much.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 07:03 PM   #24
Megatimus
Headmaster

I dub Ironhide a minotaur because when I look at him, I immediately picture General Otmin from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe film. Don't know why, but I certainly get the same bad ass vibe.

Megatimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 10:08 PM   #25
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendocon
I was given to believe from other peoples' comments that the robot emerging from the swimming pool was Starscream.
I thought it looked like Starscream too. Well, correction, it looked like the head of the penciled Starscream sketch we saw so long ago (doesn't really look anything like the head of the guy we were shown a couple days ago). Anyway, given the crest and what not, folks were saying it was Ironhide (and that matched the supposed script some folks had read).

Anyway, my point is, the guy coming out of the pool, face/head wise, looks nothing like this Ironhide head/face.

And they have different colored eyes. (even the new concept art of Ironhide has blue eyes)

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 05:03 AM   #26
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Megatimus
I dub Ironhide a minotaur because when I look at him, I immediately picture General Otmin from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe film. Don't know why, but I certainly get the same bad ass vibe.
thankyou for clarifying friend, i do get a major arse whooper vibe from him too. i just wish now, as stated eartlier by myself, that the robot and truck mode of optimus prime from binal/alt. would have looked this good. i wanna serious kitbash this into op. the more i look at it, the legs are just phenomenal, and just overall (besides the head as i am looking at other persons' point of view) is very well made. i wish these would come out now!!!

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 06:08 AM   #27
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Megatimus
I dub Ironhide a minotaur because when I look at him, I immediately picture General Otmin from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe film.
Quote:
Originally posted by Springer007
thankyou for clarifying friend, i do get a major arse whooper vibe from him too.
Yeah, I can see the Minotaur likeness - but when I see Ironhide’s mug, another familiar face comes to mind. Now mind you, I don't think the faces look exactly alike, but noticing Movie Ironhide's face, it has similar "organic" features and yellow/blue/grey color scheme - Primal immediately popped into my head. Just a playful observation.

Last edited by zigzagger; 2007-02-06 at 10:13 AM.
zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 02:20 PM   #28
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Hmmm . . . interesting. I can almost see that. Though, Primal's a bit more handsome, inne?

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 03:52 PM   #29
Megatimus
Headmaster

The writers and designers are clearly big Beast fans, considering sparks, protoforms and lookalike characters (seriously, Ironhide as pointed out, Optimus with a retractable plate, Starscream looking like an insect and Megatron with his cone head and claw hands).

Megatimus is offline   Reply With Quote