• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-05-24, 09:25 PM   #21
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Clogs
Cliffy, do you think it is a tad possible that someone somewhere may notice this happening?
Even if someone did find out (my magazine work is kept purposefully murky, which leads to fun and games whenever I go on holiday), they won't care as long as the copies are being sold...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 02:39 PM   #22
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Shock News Just In: Old Transformers hack returns and does something suprisingly good. Hopefully the colouring won't let it down.

Considering the Movie Prequel has done so well for IDW I wouldn't be totally suprised if there's some new American made Movieverse stuff to print as the lead strip by the time they finish the main adaption.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 03:28 PM   #23
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Wink

Titan are selling 13 issue subscriptions, so I bet they're hoping as well...

If not, it either gets cancelled and partial refunds issued or we get five issues or so of original material. Which could be very, very sweet indeed.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 04:37 PM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I think we've just got to hope the composition's there... If the all-new stories are only 6-10 pages per month it could be trouble (the low amount of strip in a monthly had a big had in the G2 UK title failing, I'd say) - I can't see articles being much good, what with Transformers' fan communities being so widespread - Titan's MO means lots of interviews with minor chaps could well be in the offing, as well as useless chart/list features. Even with reprints mixed in, comics will take up about half of the magazine maximum... What's going in the rest? They'll have to expand beyond the Movie universe, that's for sure.

Old 2007-05-25, 06:21 PM   #25
AndyTurnbull
Triple Changer

Dunfermline

Half the problem with the G2 magazine was that even with the strip content it was a pretty light read as the majority of the pages were wasted on threadbare profiles or massive posters/games.

I am assuming we will see some other reprint stuff once the Beast Wars material is finished and the Movie adaption is done. More than likely we will see some of the main IDW Transformers stories feature in the pages - unless they look to start reprinting some of the old Marvel US and UK stuff.

So long as they avoid the Dreamwave stuff I'll be relatively happy.

Andy

AndyTurnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 10:52 PM   #26
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyTurnbull
So long as they avoid the Dreamwave stuff I'll be relatively happy.
Sadly it's all shiny photoshop stuff... hopefully they'll stick to IDW, whose tactic of releasing as many TF comics as possible a month means they'll have a massive stockpile of material to use... Can't see them mucking around with too many continuities if they're aiming for a sizeable non-fan audience.

Old 2007-05-26, 03:27 PM   #27
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I see one of four things happening from worst case to best case:

The comic dies a death (due to the Movie being an epic flop) and ends before they finish the Prequel or Movie adaption.

The comic runs to the end of the Movie adaption and finishes there.

The Comic does well and continues either with whatever new Movieverse stuff IDW have put out at that stage or reprints of other stuff, the ...tion titles as the most likely as the whole infiltration/men in black angles will fit in well next to Movie stuff.

The comic does brilliantly well and not only continues but if there's no new Movie stuff from IDW at that stage the whole comic becomes homegrown.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:43 PM   #28
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Quote:
Each issue of the new Transformers UK comic will include a selection of fan artwork and letters from readers. If you have any questions, queries, or if you have any cool Transformers artwork you've produced and would like to see it printed, then please send to:

Transformers Comic
Titan Magazines
144 Southwark Street
London
SE1 0UP
United Kingdom

Or email

transformersmail@titanemail.com

Available - 19th July 07.

Link - www.titanmagazines.co.uk/transformers

StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote