• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-08-24, 02:55 PM   #1
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Default Next Encore reissues are... Ratchet and Ironhide?!?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...54&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...55&mode=retail

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 04:15 PM   #2
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Hmmm . . . I don't have them, but there's a reason for that. Good on the people, who do want them, and good on them for doing molds that haven't gotten attention in the last five years (it was 2000ish, when they were last released, right?).

I'll be all over Ramjet and Thrust if they do them, and if by some miracle, the Mirage, Sunstreaker and Wheeljack molds become available, I'll be all over those, too. I think they're the last three that I don't have, either as originals or reissues. My Bluestreak's roof is busted, so maybe him, too.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 06:15 PM   #3
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Mixed feelings. I'm glad that Encore is continuing, but these are the two weakest figures of the 1984 line. I would almost rather hunt down the BotCon Ratchet and Ironhide and spend the money on THEM.

Almost

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 07:00 PM   #4
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I dunno, I'd honestly say everyone should at least hold the mould at some point (not saying any replyees so far haven't or anything, but I know a lot of people take one look and go "OMFG, they don look lik the cartooon"). The robot module is actually quite darling in a weird sort of way - I'd recommend them over most of the unimaginative 1986-on Blockformers, just because they're interesting. Could never work out why Hasbro etc. insist on photographing the robot standing on the battle platform at all times, really.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 08:04 PM   #5
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I dunno, I'd honestly say everyone should at least hold the mould at some point (not saying any replyees so far haven't or anything, but I know a lot of people take one look and go "OMFG, they don look lik the cartooon"). The robot module is actually quite darling in a weird sort of way - I'd recommend them over most of the unimaginative 1986-on Blockformers, just because they're interesting. Could never work out why Hasbro etc. insist on photographing the robot standing on the battle platform at all times, really.
I guess to claim that they are solid piece?

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 08:21 PM   #6
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally posted by Maju Garzett
I guess to claim that they are solid piece?
No, it's not really different than the other pieces which show all their accessories as well. Prime's pictured with the deck and roller. Megatron has the 'gun platform', etc. It's not a misleading claim that it's a solid piece.. just a complete one.

Old 2007-08-24, 08:47 PM   #7
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Aye, I just think if there were more photos of the little bastard standing by his medical deck, he'd get a better press, Maybe.

I actually wouldn't be surprsied if Takara do something about the face - a head cast on a block of PVC would slide nicely in and out of the pilot chair, and (from memory) the SCF casts would probably just about fit the proportions. That's a modification that'd pay for itself...

Old 2007-08-24, 09:28 PM   #8
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

It's been too long since I've had those toys.. aren't the shoulder joints below the glass plane? I remember that one being a little difficult to 'retcon' into anything approaching the cartoon models, PVC head or no. :S

Old 2007-08-25, 12:16 AM   #9
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
I dunno, I'd honestly say everyone should at least hold the mould at some point (not saying any replyees so far haven't or anything, but I know a lot of people take one look and go "OMFG, they don look lik the cartooon").
You might have a point. Though, I'd rather not pay $35 to find out. Were they available for $10-15, I might be a little more inclined. Hmmm . . . I wonder if ebay might have some old ones, missing an accessory or so for cheap.

Quote:
I actually wouldn't be surprsied if Takara do something about the face - a head cast on a block of PVC would slide nicely in and out of the pilot chair, and (from memory) the SCF casts would probably just about fit the proportions. That's a modification that'd pay for itself...
That might look nice. The lack of a head definitely hurts my opinion of the figures. Might be the fact that they don't look like the cartoon/most of the comic run, but it bothers me.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 04:30 AM   #10
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Well, loose respectable-condition Ratchets/Ironhides don't fetch much for a first-year car right now... I suspect once the reissues start filtering across, they'll be pretty cheap...

Old 2007-08-25, 12:22 PM   #11
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Makes sense of them to reissue toya with a Movie namesake that can be done cheaply. Shame they're not in the book style reissues though, it'd be great to see what they did for the covers (art taken from one of the early Marvel issues? It's about the only time toy accurate versions of them appeared).

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 04:59 AM   #12
zeoman4.5
Finally Back!

Where moth and rust corrupt

Oh yes!!! I like the original Ironhide and Ratchet designs, despite the non-accurate robot modes. So original too, the
design I mean. The characters are ones everyone liked, so its
logical, in a sense, to reissue them. On my want list for sure.

zeoman4.5 is offline   Reply With Quote