• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-09-14, 09:12 AM   #21
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand

Man I'm looking forward to this show! Those designs are just so 'out there', completely unlike any Transformer designs I'm familiar with, it's such an interesting change.

ColdBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 12:48 PM   #22
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

I kind of wish I hadn't seen these. Grimlock was the only one I definately wanted, but now I'm not so sure. The underslung jaw works for dino mode, but robot mode? It kind of kills the look.

Lockdown and the prototype sketches for Blitzwing look interesting, though.

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 01:51 PM   #23
takara_destron

Wales, UK

I've been waiting for a design or shot of Blitzwing, now I'm looking forward to the toy even more!
Grimlocks robot mode face was a suprise, not what I was expecting but I can get used to it.
And I've always loved the Megatron and Starscream, so they'll definatly be among the first ones I get

Still waiting for a shot of Ultra Magnus though

takara_destron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 03:25 PM   #24
Transformer Kamen
Ego Sum

Quote:
Originally posted by Neuronutter
What don't you like 'bout The Batman? Personally, I really like it and think it's a fun cartoon.

Is Teen Titans any good? I've finished JLU, The Batman and Beast Wars recently so I'm looking for something else now. Would you recommend TT?

Oh and yeah I really like the look of the Animated series toys. I'm much more intrigued by this than the movie toys of which I've collected none.
Teen Titans is a very good show, and for the same reason JL/U was.
Somewhat ironically, I dislike The Batman because I feel it lacks a lot of those same elements.

Plus, I really don't like that they've taken a lot of the detective elements out, and taken his rouges gallery in, what I feel, is a poor direction.

Transformer Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 03:55 PM   #25
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Thing a lot of people have to bear in mind is that this isn't really for us - we're getting Classics 2, this is pitched to get younger kids back in. I do quite like the overall philosophy, even if there are going to be a few examples where it doesn't work, and this stuff compares favourably to early pics on the likes of Armada and Energon.
Yeah, but Classics 2 comes out when? And their philosphy for future Classics (no characters that are also in Animated, no beast modes) doesn't sound awfully encouraging, either. That, plus they cancelled Titaniums (Say whatever you like, I think they got better by time) and the future of Alternators is equally uncertain.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 07:06 PM   #26
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Talking

Those are awesome.

If you disagree, you are wrong. FACT.

It's like chibi TFs on steroids. Brilliant.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 07:11 PM   #27
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by Tetsuro
Yeah, but Classics 2 comes out when? And their philosphy for future Classics (no characters that are also in Animated, no beast modes) doesn't sound awfully encouraging, either.
Oh no! So we won't be getting Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee or Grimlock as Classics? Or Bulkhead, Lugnut or Lockdown? Well, that ****ing sucks.

Quote:
That, plus they cancelled Titaniums (Say whatever you like, I think they got better by time) and the future of Alternators is equally uncertain.
Titaniums I couldn't comment on, but Alternators had basically ran its' course as soon as they had to resort to releasing oversized Car Brothers, the line's been dead in the water for a long time, with few of the more recent releases seeming to come out in any great number. Same problem as the reissues - sooner or later, a line like that will run out of names and concepts that connect with many non-fans.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 07:41 PM   #28
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Oh no! So we won't be getting Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee or Grimlock as Classics? Or Bulkhead, Lugnut or Lockdown? Well, that ****ing sucks.

Titaniums I couldn't comment on, but Alternators had basically ran its' course as soon as they had to resort to releasing oversized Car Brothers, the line's been dead in the water for a long time, with few of the more recent releases seeming to come out in any great number. Same problem as the reissues - sooner or later, a line like that will run out of names and concepts that connect with many non-fans.
Well I guess you're right about Alternators (unless they start making more decepticons with unique molds), but with my Classics comment, I was mostly referring to any chance of having other dinobots than Grimlock in that line. But this means we won't be getting Ratchet in Classics, either.

The only thing that really bugs me is, whether or not we will ever see that cancelled Titanium G1 Shockwave mold make it into the Classics 2.0.

Old 2007-09-14, 08:33 PM   #29
Transformer Kamen
Ego Sum

Quote:
Well I guess you're right about Alternators (unless they start making more decepticons with unique molds), but with my Classics comment, I was mostly referring to any chance of having other dinobots than Grimlock in that line. But this means we won't be getting Ratchet in Classics, either.

The only thing that really bugs me is, whether or not we will ever see that cancelled Titanium G1 Shockwave mold make it into the Classics 2.0.
As far as I know only Slag and Swoop will appear in Animated. Which means I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see Snarl and(oh, hope of hopes!) a Sludge mold in Classics 2.0.

Old 2007-09-14, 10:53 PM   #30
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally posted by Transformer Kamen
As far as I know only Slag and Swoop will appear in Animated. Which means I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see Snarl and(oh, hope of hopes!) a Sludge mold in Classics 2.0.
I believe one of the rules for Classics 2 was also "no beast modes".

Old 2007-09-14, 11:17 PM   #31
trilobitepictures
Dinobot

In a house. With walls even. I'M NORMAL!

Quote:
I believe one of the rules for Classics 2 was also "no beast modes".
I distinctly remember that, too. But, aren't there rumblings of Seacons or Predicons? Can this be backed up or is it just fanwank?

trilobitepictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 11:32 PM   #32
Transformer Kamen
Ego Sum

Quote:
believe one of the rules for Classics 2 was also "no beast modes".
Quote:
Originally posted by trilobitepictures
I distinctly remember that, too. But, aren't there rumblings of Seacons or Predicons? Can this be backed up or is it just fanwank?
I have not heard that rule, and it seems silly to me if it is true(not that there were a lot of beastformers in G1 wink, wink). I wonder if Sky-lynx would be considered as having a beast mode?

However, I have heard that the Seacons are supposedly due out as an exclusive from the Transformers Collectors Club. But that was a while ago, and it may have just been a rumor.

Old 2007-09-15, 08:43 AM   #33
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Transformer Kamen
However, I have heard that the Seacons are supposedly due out as an exclusive from the Transformers Collectors Club. But that was a while ago, and it may have just been a rumor.
Yes, the Collectors' Club regularly posts rumors on their own website!

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 11:00 PM   #34
SenahBirdR
Headmaster

Underneath a rainy tree, Oregon

So far I am not feeling the vehicle modes of either Prime or Megs. Other than that, I am loving how the look has turned out in the toys. Very stylish and different. The attempt to turn the franchise into a superhero story makes me less than enthusiastic but at least the imagery is leaving me happy.

SenahBirdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 11:48 AM   #35
Preda
King.No,not Predaking.

Germany

I love the design of the cybertronian Prime,it looks like one of Colani's trucks...but the bigger Prime looks bad.The other figures are okay,but I dislike Bulkhead.Bumblebee looks like a figure that is going to be rare.And Soundwave...I was looking forward to see a nice,thin figure,but thats just bulky.I hope the paintjob will make it better,otherwise Prime will be the only figure I'll buy.

Preda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 01:46 PM   #36
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Hmmm...

Still not in to the designs. Sure they'll be a hit with the kids though!

Soundwave is intruiging, and may find a place in my collection, but it's pushing it...

How big are the Dinobots? Both Slag and Grimlock look to have articulated fingers... Are they Leader Class sorta size? That could be fun... Painted, they may look rather nifty - but I always have had a softspot for the Dinobots!

Is Megatron blue at the end of the day? I like the design in the more traditional gray and black, with red flashes. I like the simlarity to Super Megs. Doubt I would be interested in a blue version, if they have changed the colour...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 10:15 PM   #37
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

I hope by Blitzwing being in this series that we all will see: Springer, Octane, Broadside, and the other triple changer crew! I keep looking back at the B.W. picture and drool over the possibilities of how he'll turn out. I am glad this series seems to be gaining some thumbs up from the community for its possible flair.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 01:45 AM   #38
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Oh, Octane's supposedly planned for classics.

Black Arachnia kinda looks like the TM2 version of her namesake. Not bad.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 04:50 AM   #39
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Oh, Octane's supposedly planned for classics.

Black Arachnia kinda looks like the TM2 version of her namesake. Not bad.
yup, aware of octane, and yea B.A. looks kinda vicious, I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley. I wonder if her voice actress will be the same from BW.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote