• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-01-25, 12:09 AM   #41
Railguard
Battalion Commander

NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Auros View Post
If the Seacons come out only via the club (as opposed to hasbrotoyshop.com), I'm going to be pissed. I hate that damn club and the sham that is the convention.
Damn right!!!! I hate it when they only release certain toys to certain players like that Club thing and certain stores!!! They should just release it across the board!!!! Well now that we know that they are releasing the classics line, now I need to know when they will be released...fall....summer....spring? Thats what I want to know.

Railguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 12:13 AM   #42
Railguard
Battalion Commander

NY

BRING ON THE CLASSICS!!!!! AND DON"T LOCK UP ANY OF THESE TOYS TO ONE RETAILER YOU EVIL #@$%^&!!!

Old 2008-01-25, 12:22 AM   #43
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

With the Seacons we're talking about moulds that are sufficiently obscure/crap by the standards of today's toys that few retailers would touch them.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 12:56 AM   #44
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

The Seacons were awful toys when they FIRST came out, much less now. I never understood the fandom 'love' for them so often expressed...

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:05 AM   #45
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Why do I have a sudden, horrible feeling that the Classics Ironhide might be a recolor?

And I'm seriously hoping that Nightbeat's not going to be a Club or 'con exclusive........

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:14 AM   #46
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

No word on Ironhide, though a re-recolor of Towline (E) has been rumored.

Nightbeat is a club exclusive. That's already been confirmed.

Old 2008-01-25, 01:18 AM   #47
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
No word on Ironhide, though a re-recolor of Towline (E) has been rumored.

Nightbeat is a club exclusive. That's already been confirmed.
Didn't they already do that for botcon? Personally I'd love to have Ironhide and Ratchet as Towline repaints. For me, along with Superlink Wheeljack, they'd make great Classics stand-ins.

Also, what's Nightbeat a repaint of?

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:34 AM   #48
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Nightbeat is a remold of Energon Hot Shot.

EDIT: Found Sunstreaker. Interesting. Definitely something different, but with a nod to the original. Can't wait to see Prowl. Concept of "Tankor" looked pretty solid, as well. Though, Sunstreaker looks quite a bit different from the concept art. Not a must-have, but I wouldn't pass him up, if I saw him in the store.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2008-01-25 at 01:50 AM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 02:42 AM   #49
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstreaker2 View Post
I am glad to see Octane. I'm NOT in the club, and I saw Sunstreaker anyway. Why didn't anyone tell me he had a Sideswipe head with ears? If they don't change the head(even though I luv Sunstreaker) I'm not getting the toy. Simple as that.

Go ahead - more for me. And for the record, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are brothers. Simple as that. Of course they are going to look a little alike.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 05:08 AM   #50
Ackula
Charnel House

CA
Thumbs up

Denyer is about right, looks like Alternators Rodimus mixed with Classics Bumblebee for the most part, pretty snazzy too.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 07:49 AM   #51
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Anybody care to pm me with a picture's whereabouts? Tried on many occasions and couldn't find it.

By the way, I don't think any old figure recolours are slated for the line. Ironhide will probably come out first [so that Animated Ratchet may have a chance to shine on the shelves], followed by a remoulded Ratchet a few waves down.

Definitely interested to see Powerglide, sounds interesting.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 08:54 AM   #52
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
Trying to keep news exclusive in this day and age is a bone of contention, but something the club is still trying to do...
You can't stop the signal.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 11:17 AM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
The Seacons were awful toys when they FIRST came out, much less now. I never understood the fandom 'love' for them so often expressed...
Yeh, got to say they're pretty weak even compared to the likes of the Protectobots, Technobots or Combaticons. I think most of the fascination from fandom comes with them being one of the slightly rarer ones fewer people had. Greener on the other side and all that, like the way people managed to mass-hallucinate God Ginrai as a great toy because retractable fists sort out comedy proportions or something.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 12:00 PM   #54
Railguard
Battalion Commander

NY

Yah I think that Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are smokin!!! I will be hunting them down as well as the rest of them!!!! Oh and whoever made the decision to make some characters "Exclusive" to a club or retailer sucks!!!!

Old 2008-01-25, 01:23 PM   #55
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Well, as I've got the BotCon Ironhide, if the Classics is just this figure again, my annoyance won't be huge. Everybody who bought the figure for resale value might feel differently, though.

Classics Nightbeat isn't selling me. At least from looking at pictures of Energon Hot Shot and extrapolating the head remold. Any pics floating around besides the club comic cover?

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:31 PM   #56
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railguard View Post
Oh and whoever made the decision to make some characters "Exclusive" to a club or retailer sucks!!!!
Yeh, much better if they didn't come out at all. Which is the most likely alternative.

You think Hasbro want to sell a few hundred units instead of a few hundred thousand? No, they'd rather every toy shop in the world had the shelves crammed with their products. But it depends on the retailers wanting the toys, and if something's an exclusive, chances are whoever it's exclusive to are the only retailers interested in stocking it. It's very, very rare a particularly desirable figure comes out of these things, especially genuinely limited avaliability (store exclusives aren't a massive problem) - I think it's fair to say the last set of BotCon exclusives were the first time it actually happened, and that was due to something of a fluke in terms of avaliability (G1-styled moulds being freely avaliable of characters who happened to have popular G1 recolours made). The pickings for BotCon this year (if they do get access to the 2.0 moulds... forgotten their restrictions... probably not worth telling me, I tend not to memorise stuff I don't give a toss about)
are likely to be a little slimmer, or at least less obvious, due to the lack of G1 recolours of the original Octane/Powerglide/Onslaught.

Old 2008-01-25, 05:27 PM   #57
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

This year's set (the convention is April 24-27), so far, appears to have repaints (maybe remolds) of Classics Prime, Cybertron Hot Shot and Cybertron Crosswise. At least that's what I surmise from the promo pic on the Botcon website.

FYI, last night the collectors club sent out an email that read:

Quote:
Hello Francis !

This is going out to all members. Thanks for your support and help.

We hope you all enjoyed the sneak peak picture of Sunstreaker we posted in the Members only section of the Club site. With Issue 19 arriving in mailboxes soon we do want to take this*opportunity to remind everyone that it is against club policy to scan, or in any way duplicate, images from the Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine. So please, out of respect for both the Club and your fellow*Club members, we must again*reiterate that images from the magazine*may NOT be scanned and/or posted online in any capacity. Doing so could mean forfeiture of you Club membership and all privileges associated with it.

Thank you for your understanding and as always your support!

Brian

PS BotCon brochure and forms going up VERY soon.
Suffice it to say that while the figure is halfway decent, it's not really worth creating a huge buzz over. Hasbro'll probably make the image public, within a few days.

Honestly, with all the hype that this figure's getting, I'd probably be slightly disappointed when it was released, as it looks very different from his "G1" form. Does look decent, though. I don't see the Rodimus/BB comparison, myself, tbh.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 05:31 PM   #58
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Yeh, got to say they're pretty weak even compared to the likes of the Protectobots, Technobots or Combaticons.
Well, the Combaticons win out for me in that the vehicle modes were largely very nice, and the robot modes were only 'ruined' by somewhat weak arms. Definately the strongest of the combiner teams. The Seacons, though, like the Terrorcons, were just ridiculous 'monster bot' figures that looked pathetic in either mode.

It's true that the BWII characters were pretty cool, even with the weak toys, but those aren't even what we're getting either...

Quote:
Greener on the other side and all that, like the way people managed to mass-hallucinate God Ginrai as a great toy because retractable fists sort out comedy proportions or something.
God Ginrai wasn't a great toy, but it was a decided improvement over Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Old 2008-01-25, 05:55 PM   #59
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RID Scourge View Post
Doing so could mean forfeiture of you (sic) Club membership and all privileges associated with it
...a spokesman went on to add, "because it's entirely feasible to work out who did so, and we feel that a witch-hunt that results in the wrong person or persons getting booted will help PR hugely."

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 06:21 PM   #60
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Anyone got a copy? And a Bigbot/Seibertron watermark? [/old old old]

Protectobots get my nod, just ahead of the Combaticons and Technobots. Nothing spectacular from any of 'em, IMO (well, except the alt modes for Afterburner and Lightspeed... what do we get full-size in the same year? Chromedome and bloody Brainstorm... Argh...), but they get the job done. Mind, I'm really not that keen on 'beast' type things as alt modes for toys - not entirely sure why, but it's never really been my thing. There're exceptions like Sludge, Swoop and Repugnus, but not many. But the Seacons' robot modes just seemed all the more deformed than was usual for the teams - the half-decent (if horribly coloured) Snap Trap aside, did any of them muster anything approaching a decent-looking set of limbs?