• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-06-26, 02:57 PM   #1
Ackula
Charnel House

CA
Default First Images of Animated Legends & Universe Storm Cloud & Treadbolt

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...adbolt-165230/

These images were in the just released issue of Previews Magazine. Previously unannounced figures included Legends-class Animated Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Prowl. Although shown/mentioned at BotCon 2008, the general public now also has its first look at Storm Cloud (Universe Powerglide repaint). Also this is the first public look at the just revealed Universe Treadbolt figure.

The Animated Legends look simply amazing in my sincerest opinion! Must buy!

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:11 PM   #2
Gareth Infinity
Ashamed

Northeast Ohio

...hm. I had almost thought that Activators were going to replace the Legends class for the Animated line. Prowl looks a little questionable but otherwise, I'm sold.

That Treadbolt...the vehicle looks great but those colors don't do it for me in robot mode. Though, I'm still pretty pissed at how I missed Classics Jetfire the first time around. I remember going back to Wal-Mart the very next day after I saw one and finally thought, "Yeah, I'd better pick this thing up", and it was gone. The last one I ever saw on store shelves. So, I'll either end up getting Treadbolt, or paying closer to $40 or $50 online for Jetfire, because now I want him BAD.

Gareth Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:18 PM   #3
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth_Infinity View Post
...hm. I had almost thought that Activators were going to replace the Legends class for the Animated line. Prowl looks a little questionable but otherwise, I'm sold.
I was unsure on that one during the movie line until I saw them. If anything Activators replaces the Scout Class.

Quote:
That Treadbolt...the vehicle looks great but those colors don't do it for me in robot mode. Though, I'm still pretty pissed at how I missed Classics Jetfire the first time around. I remember going back to Wal-Mart the very next day after I saw one and finally thought, "Yeah, I'd better pick this thing up", and it was gone. The last one I ever saw on store shelves. So, I'll either end up getting Treadbolt, or paying closer to $40 or $50 online for Jetfire, because now I want him BAD.
I've had the same problem as well with both Jetfire AND Megatron. I dig this color scheme, but Universe is going to suck my wallet dry enough as it is, and I'm probably going to skip most of the repaints. (Except Blaster and Ratbat)

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 03:10 AM   #4
Gareth Infinity
Ashamed

Northeast Ohio

Ahh, Scout class. A slight boost in size compared to what I thought certainly would increase their appeal to me. And, now that we're talking about it, have their been any sightings of Activators in stores yet?

Universe isn't going to do to my wallet quite as much as Animated is, I don't think. The most appealing Universe things to me at this point in time are the Wave 2 Legends figures. After that, the Dirge & Roadbuster set would be great because I have had my eye on both of those molds for a good while, especially that Seeker mold, and I really like those colors. The Evac mold, which I also do not have, looks much better as Springer, plus I already have and like Sideways, whose Ratbat colors look sweet. Lastly, as I said before, I will be actively seeking those Legends 5-packs; I have all the "Special Team Leaders" molds but the new paint jobs are awesome, and the "Aerial Rivals" set is a must-have because I love the Legends Seeker mold, and it contains two molds I haven't yet got my hands on. I've already spent $80 on Animated, and have another $100 planned out. Another $40 if Leader Megatron wins me over once I see it in person.

Gareth Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 09:03 AM   #5
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
I've had the same problem as well with both Jetfire AND Megatron. I dig this color scheme, but Universe is going to suck my wallet dry enough as it is, and I'm probably going to skip most of the repaints. (Except Blaster and Ratbat)
You should get to perth. I can't get away from CLA Ultra's, and they're all on sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth_Infinity View Post
Ahh, Scout class. A slight boost in size compared to what I thought certainly would increase their appeal to me. And, now that we're talking about it, have their been any sightings of Activators in stores yet?

Another $40 if Leader Megatron wins me over once I see it in person.
Seen and got Activators in Hong Kong TRU. Stuffed with them. In fact, i managed to getenough to make a seeker set.

Oh, and carry $40 with you at all times.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 09:14 AM   #6
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

I already have Powerglide on pre-order, but I wasn't aware of Storm Cloud repaint. I propably have to get that as well, original Storm Cloud micromaster having lots of nostalgy value for me.

Europeans might want to check Archonia's preorder prices for Universe Ultras, propably mistakenly too low price at the moment (~19 euros per toy).
http://www.archonia.com/index.php?pa..._id=21&slide=5

Osku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 01:32 PM   #7
Starfield
Dinobot

Michigan, USA

I like Tread Bolt probably better than Jetfire. The arms are darker than the body, and more shadowy. That might help to visually "hide" the arms in jet mode better.

Starfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:16 PM   #8
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Stormcloud looks pretty awesome. He would've really rocked in the same blue as the Cobra Rattler.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 05:45 PM   #9
Shield Strike
Powermaster

Yam Yam Land

Bumblebee looks fab! Are the activators going to be the same sort of price as the movie legends does anyone know?

Shield Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 06:24 PM   #10
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield Strike View Post
Bumblebee looks fab! Are the activators going to be the same sort of price as the movie legends does anyone know?
Real Gear and Scout class. I thought I said that...

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 02:28 AM   #11
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

I thought basically everyone said that.

However, in Hong Kong, they were priced the same as the Legends 2-Packs, so they might be 1-2 dollars short of scout class pricing.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 09:58 AM   #12
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Activators are $7.99.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote