• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2007-07-12, 09:57 AM   #41
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Latest Go-Bot purchase...Courageous, nearly complete and with a box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=001

Probably paid too much for him with that shipping cost added in.

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 01:34 PM   #42
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

I dunno, the fists and guns are pretty hard to find. Mangohero can probably help you with the front of the gun too Nice buy!

Mind, this evaluation of value for money is coming from Mr. "90 on two small figures"

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 12:36 AM   #43
Civ

Pennsylvania

Thanks.

I keep looking for another Laser Gun but those damn things are hard to find!

Old 2007-07-18, 01:30 AM   #44
Civ

Pennsylvania

Well, I got Courageous and he ain't a half-bad gestalt. Not very articulate, but then again, the whole premise for him is a gimmick to begin with. Figured out most of the transformation except where the guns go. They should attach somewhere and I'm thinking it's the individual power suits.

The suits themselves are pretty nifty and better than I first thought. Also learned, from the box, that only certain Go-bots fit inside a power suit. The only exception is Flip Top -- he doesn't fit inside any of them according to the box. There's a table with all the power suits and who fits inside which ones.

GBP1: Good Knight, Pathfinder, Royal-T, Sparky, and Spay-C

GBP2: Blaster, Dozer, Dumper, Good Knight, Leader-1, Pathfinder, Pumper, Royal-T, and Van Guard

GBP3: Blaster, Dozer, Dumper, Good Knight, Hans-Cuff, Leader-1, Pathfinder, Pumper, Royal-T, Scooter, Small Foot, Sparky, Spay-C, and Turbo

GBP4: Blaster, Dive-Dive, Dozer, Dumper, Good Knight, Hans-Cuff, Heat Seeker, Leader-1, Night Ranger, Pathfinder, Pumper, Rst-Q, Road Ranger, Royal-T, Scooter, Scratch, Small Foot, Sparky, Spay-C, Turbo, Wrong-Way, and Van Guard.

For ease of searching, the universal ones are Good Knight, Pathfinder, and Royal-T.

Old 2007-07-18, 12:31 PM   #45
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Yeh, it's a bitch - annoyingly you can't do either the "classic" (I use the word in its' loosest sense ) Leader-1/Turbo/Scooter/Small Foot layout, or the one from the Machine Robo commercial... Works better for the Renegades, funnily enough. I keep meaning to do an updated chart including the final year figures, but I'm pretty damn lazy

Old 2008-03-26, 04:02 AM   #46
Civ

Pennsylvania
Default Yay! More Go-Bots!

I love G1 elitists, really I do. Why? Because they go gah-gah over uglier than sin Japanese figures and tend to have a rather snooty attitude towards other lines of better quality? Nope, because almost all of them completely degrade the quality that is in the Go-bots line, which means they sell figures for dirt ****ing cheap. Good figures at roughly 2 USD a pop, is a-okay in my book. That wrote, I just got the following this past Saturday.
  • Destroyer - Really good condition. Rubber treads are almost pristine except on is slightly loose. One...err...foot is also a bit on the loose side and I can literally se him vibrating on my desk while I'm typing this. Better lie him down. He's almost complete except I'm missing the other part of his cannon, which is alright as far as I'm concerned.
  • Bugbite - Got the gun with him, yay! He has no forearms, shit! Oh well, can't complain too much for 2 bucks. This is the version I got of him:

http://counter-x.net/gobots/specials.../dx_beetle.jpg

Not a bad figure at all but I kinda really wish he had his forearms.
  • Pathfinder - She is neat. Transformation isn't the greatest and she doesn't have any neat little surprises like Vanguard but she looks pretty good. Too bad the one I got is missing the chromed piece at the bottom of her left foot.
  • Road Ranger - chipped galore but a neat figure nonetheless. He's no Scratch and his articulation is about that of G1 Bumblebee's but I like him nonetheless. At least he has a neat alt mode.
  • Pincher - Not much to him but fairly good.
  • Mystery Go-bot/Machine Robo - absolutely no idea who the **** this is. I looked through tfu.info and Cliffy's site and I couldn't find him. He's a light orange/white race car looking sorta Slapdash-ish in car mode. It's not Slicks or F-1 Robo though the coloring is very similar but the front is all white with a "36" on it. It actually looks like a variation of F-1 Robo but the nose is different. There's also no "Renault" or "elf" anywhere on this guy. No idea if he's a bootleg or not but he does have have a diecast metal nose.

Oh, also of note since I got this guy a while back, bought myself a nice, little, blue Leader-1 with some wear. He's not a bad figure imho.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!

Last edited by Civ; 2008-03-26 at 11:49 AM.
Old 2008-03-26, 02:34 PM   #47
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

You mystery boy, I'm guessing, would be the KO version of Slicks - #14 here - http://uk.geocities.com/mangohero197...largobots.html. Always meant to get one of those for the retooling, but I'm holding out for one that combines that with the white/blue colour scheme. IIRC, the remoulded one is from the same 'Convertibles' line as the grey Dive-Dive, orange Spoons (with the C-12 decal) and blue Blockhead.

Nice haul, all in all. I'll have a dig in my parts box later, I did have at least one Bug Bite arm, though I can't remember the condition.

Old 2008-03-26, 03:46 PM   #48
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

There are quite a few Go-Bots I would actually like to have, but for some reason when I do have cash to spend I never seem to think of buying them. There seems to always be some TF I'm wanting at the time, or more recently some M.U.S.C.L.E. or Kinnikuman figures I'm wanting.

I would really love to one day have the neon green Creepy as it was my favorite when I was a little kid, along with Tux and Vamp. However it seems that any time I've ever seen the Creepy figure its at some BIN price of $17 or more, which is a bit silly to me. Perhaps one day I'll join the ranks of Go-Bots collectors as well

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 03:12 AM   #49
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
You mystery boy, I'm guessing, would be the KO version of Slicks - #14 here - http://uk.geocities.com/mangohero197...largobots.html.
Yep, that's my mystery bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper
Nice haul, all in all. I'll have a dig in my parts box later, I did have at least one Bug Bite arm, though I can't remember the condition.
Thanks. I'll keep searching e-bay for a good pair of Bugbite arms or just a good Bugbite.

While I'm at it, is this a decent price for a Staks w/trailer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Go-Bots-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I also put in an offer for this little doodad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI:IT&ih=009

EDIT: @Ackula: I think I have a spare Tux lying around my place. Not sure what shape it's in though. I'll keep a lookout for a neon green Creepy for ya.

Last edited by Civ; 2008-03-28 at 03:29 AM.
Old 2008-04-11, 04:04 AM   #50
Civ

Pennsylvania

Oh noes! Teh double post!

New win and I've been looking for this guy for awhile:

Monsterous or Big Devil 6

Old 2008-04-13, 11:01 AM   #51
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ View Post
EDIT: @Ackula: I think I have a spare Tux lying around my place. Not sure what shape it's in though. I'll keep a lookout for a neon green Creepy for ya.
Yeah you told me that before last years Botcon, and told me you would PM me when you got back from Botcon To be honest though I am fairly broke at the moment, but maybe we could work out a trade or something if you find it shoot me a PM.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 05:21 PM   #52
Civ

Pennsylvania

Oh, shit! Oops. I totally forgot. Well, I have my spare Tux right in front of me. Lemme go take some pics and I'll shoot you a PM...honest...no, really honest.

Old 2008-04-14, 05:07 PM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Yay, Monsterous. The individuals are a bit lame, but the big robot's pretty nifty.

$30 for Staks with trailer isn't bad, but hunt around and you'll find a cheaper one... Staks turns up reliably often labelled as a Transformer due to a lot of people getting him in lieu of Optimus Prime

Recent win for myself:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270226497579

Basically bought for the bubble-things, the Convertor camera and the grey Combinator jet (admittedly because I'm hoping to sell it for a few quid - might even hang on to it until I find the less-scarce truck). Anyone after Major Mo (I have a pile of Gobots tyres, so I should be able to kit him out), Carry-All, the painted Jeeper-Creeper, Heat Seeker or Fitor feel free to drop me a PM.

Old 2008-04-15, 03:53 AM   #54
Civ

Pennsylvania

I think I just might do so for the Heat Seeker and Fitor.

Old 2008-07-14, 02:51 AM   #55
Civ

Pennsylvania

Some more Gobot acquisitions:
  • Scooter - he really is quite good. Love his arms and legs and his vehicle mode ain't bad at all.
  • Turbo - yeah, I know, he's not really one of the better examples of Gobots, but I liked his genericness (made-up word!) in the TV show.
  • Coptur - pretty much the same as Turbo but I got one with really shiny chrome! Ooooo...shiny. 100% complte with shiny rotors.
  • Cy-Kill - I'm truly impressed with this little guy. Got the super, shiny, scout-class, chromed version and he looks quite spiffy. 100% complete with a really shiny engine.
  • 100% Jeeper-Creeper - this dude was hard to find with the gun, windshields, and spare tire. Definitely looks a lot better with them.
  • A good, gray Leader-1 - scout-class size and for being not one of the better Gobots, his arms are suprisingly good.
  • Man-O-War - he's not bad. Kinda generic transformation but not a bad, little figure.
  • 100% Tank - I don't care that his "touch-his-toes-with-his-face" vehicle mode is a crappy disguise, he looks pretty good with shiny guns attached to him.