• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-12-07, 06:18 PM   #21
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
It's established by Xaaron that he still has a resistance, ergo Cybertron still has some kind of population. A few months from cancellation and with the requirement to get ActionMasters into the comic isn't really the time to start going "hey, you remember The Smelting Pool and other stray glimpses of Cybertron? there might be some kind of society still existing top-side rather than digging as far into the planet as it can as fast as it can, and I want to show you it..."
It's more that Cybertron (which let's not forget, was huge in the comics - certainly big enough that you couldn't see the curve of the planet in the middle-distance) and it's population are so obviously reduced that it's difficult to take it seriously. I'm not saying there should have been an issue devoted to Whirl kicking around Cybertron with Pipes (though it would have been preferable to "The Last Autobot"), but not contradicting things for no apparent reason (I mean, just make Unicron bigger...) would have been a lovely touch.

Quote:
Bringing Xaaron across was a start, and had a sudden wrap not been called for we might have seen the resistance brought out of the depths. Or the intention may have been that most were killed by the pointy mechs (that was a rather weak side-plot to have started up, as was spending an issue tying off Galvatron rather than just calling him dead.)
I personally think you're giving a bit too much credit there... the underworld dwellers are just desperate "Shit, what are we going to do now?" material... TBH, between them, another desperate attempt to make Fortress Maximus interesting, Grimlock's idiotic leadership (which made both him and Prime look stupid), the implication that Unicron's herald could be killed by a dunk in some chilly water and Optimus getting resurrected after about half an hour, I'm not sure I wouldn't have been happier with it ending at #75. The only particularly good bit in the last five issues is Ratchet lamping Starscream, and TBH even that got screwed up as Megatron and Starscream survived, meaning Ratchet simply found a complicated, melodramatic way of killing Shockwave...

Quote:
The concept book (Revelation, Expansion, etc) got cancelled -- Maximum Dinobots is unlikely to be much more than a knock-around title, and if does turn out to be more than that I'll be quite happy.
I like knock-around - I read Asterix the Gaul and have half of Voltron on DVD. Dialogue that doesn't make me wince with its' faux-cool posturing is generally a no-no for knock-around.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2008-12-07 at 06:20 PM. Reason: I R SPAZ!
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 08:38 PM   #22
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Is there any reason they couldn't put one in the trade?
Is that a "no"?

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 09:25 PM   #23
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Is that a "no"?
It's a "If they had any sense they'd put one in", even casual readers dipping in and out of the book ae likely hyperthetical now. Mind, whilst I've brought trades for people as presents I've never actually looked inside so can't say for sure that they never have in the past. This just needs to hit the ground running a bit more than doing a extended recap/meet the characters sequence.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 11:27 PM   #24
Red Dave Prime
Assistant Comic Reviewer

Ireland

Just a quick jab but on one page Grimlock describes Earth as a dismal speck of a planet (fair enough I suppose in the grand scheme of things) but then frets about Megatrons Decepticon Army about to conquer earth (oh nos!) on the next page. Erm, if its a shit hole of a planet who cares?

Anyway, I have to say the art looks great. Theres nothing much of the storyline to be seen for the moment in those five pages (after all, its all just recap)

Brings me to thinking but are half of the pages connected to grimlock and the machination storyline recap pages? Considering how little has gone on it seems like they keep telling us what happened.

Red Dave Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 09:15 AM   #25
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
It's a "If they had any sense they'd put one in", even casual readers dipping in and out of the book ae likely hyperthetical now. Mind, whilst I've brought trades for people as presents I've never actually looked inside so can't say for sure that they never have in the past.
It's a "I have no idea" then. Helpful.

Twas a genuine question. Still actually stands. Only people who actually have the answer from now on please?

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 10:20 AM   #26
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?
Default Furman and Maximum Dinobots at CBR

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=19100

little article there bout Furman and Max Dinos

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 07:21 PM   #27
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Neat.

And congratulations to IDW for breaking all links to their forum that reference the directory it was in rather than a subdomain.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote