• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-12-11, 04:43 PM   #141
Gouki
Not a robot.

Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
So that's about $45 US (according to the internet)? Are TFs typically more expensive over in Australia? (i.e. if a voyager in the US is ~$20, is it ~$25-30 USD in Australia?)
Transformers, toys in general really, are pretty expensive. Scouts are $14.99 - 17.99. Deluxes are anywhere from $23.99 to $29.99 depending on the shop (less if on sale--I have seen some go for as high $34.95 in independant shops). Voyagers $34.95 - 49.95, generally. Ultra $49.95 to $59.95 and Leader $79.95 - $99.95

Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 05:16 PM   #142
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Transformers, toys in general really, are pretty expensive. Scouts are $14.99 - 17.99. Deluxes are anywhere from $23.99 to $29.99 depending on the shop (less if on sale--I have seen some go for as high $34.95 in independant shops). Voyagers $34.95 - 49.95, generally. Ultra $49.95 to $59.95 and Leader $79.95 - $99.95
Wow. No offense, but thank the Transformer gods (and my wallet) that I live in Ohio.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Superion over here soon since they're out where you are...

ganon578 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 05:18 PM   #143
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
What's the US-to-Aussie exchange rate?

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:35 AM   #144
Starfield
Dinobot

Michigan, USA
Question Names?

Do you think they will change any of the names for the Revenge of the Fallen release? It seems they might want to change at least Brawl's name.

Starfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:41 AM   #145
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Approx: 1 USD = 1.5-1.6 AUD

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:41 AM   #146
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:03 AM   #147
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
I said this way earlier about the hands lol. I know you kitbashers out there will go to ebay or whatnot to just get Unicron or Primus' hands lol.
Unicron or Primus hands would be HUGE on this mold. General leader class hands would be a bit more proportionate. (Wish I had a spare Leader with decent hands, now that I'm thinking about it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
It's pretty simple, really. Store exclusives for Transformers don't sell in the volume that warrants entirely new molds. Repaints are easily the best way to go. Retooling/remolding is a little more possible, but in this case, what are you going to retool from to get a space shuttle and jeep?
For Swindle, I'd personally submit either Energon Strongarm or Cybertron Swindle. (Strongarm seems a bit better for this, imo.) Just add some holes to peg the feet in and, here's the trick part, find someplace for the connection piece.

For Blast Off...no clue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE View Post
You'd think they'd at least swipe a Jet from the Superion set for Blast Off.
Good idea. Though that'd be THREE of that particular mold being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
Did they change Bruticus' transformation? Coz i remember the old one had the front of the missile truck on his back, not on his chest?
I always configure mine big boxy part front-of-truck part for Bruticus' chest. And I think that's the way the Energon instructions suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Yeah. Methinks Swindle and Blast Off got their names and paintjobs switched. Poor Blast Off too. First toy in years, and ack.

I dunno. It seems like they were going for Swindle's and Blast Off's original limb placements. (And I've tried both tanks as legs but they're too wide for that.) IMHO, a tank with "Blast" in the name makes plenty of sense- but it's wrong for the character he's homaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
Do you think they will change any of the names for the Revenge of the Fallen release? It seems they might want to change at least Brawl's name.
Heh. I doubt it. Hasbro doesn't seem too worried lately about "oh noes! We've already used that name in this line!" After all, in Universe packaging this is the third Onslaught.

S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 11:59 AM   #148
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Windell View Post
Unicron or Primus hands would be HUGE on this mold. General leader class hands would be a bit more proportionate. (Wish I had a spare Leader with decent hands, now that I'm thinking about it...)

For Swindle, I'd personally submit either Energon Strongarm or Cybertron Swindle. (Strongarm seems a bit better for this, imo.) Just add some holes to peg the feet in and, here's the trick part, find someplace for the connection piece.

For Blast Off...no clue...
well, MP hands may be useful for a start...

And a remold of Energon Skyblast with some 'rocket booster' accessory, that's actually the connection port. Simple.

As for the port on Strongarm, you know the peg that holds his crane in place...?

Old 2009-02-09, 03:16 AM   #149
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Or, steal a set of hands from KOs of G1 Bruticus and Superion, if the sets are about 1:1 with the originals.

Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 08:34 AM   #150
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Barricade View Post
Or, steal a set of hands from KOs of G1 Bruticus and Superion, if the sets are about 1:1 with the originals.
Yeah, but the MP hands have more articulation. Or otherwise, get someone to cast replica gundam 1/100 scale hands. They'd be about right, with articulation!