• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2009-04-28, 04:21 AM   #81
Vin Ghostal
Gave you a concussion

Making his summer residence in Alexandria, VA
Smile

As I've looked around online, there are a few figures I've come across that I'd like to pick up at some point:

Beast Wars TM Rampage
Animated Samurai Prowl
Animated Swindle
ROTF Constructicons/Devastator
Beast Wars TM Cheetor
Movie Fracture (Crasher)

Vin Ghostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 05:16 PM   #82
Burnout
Seeker

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Im focusing on the classics/universe G1 cast amongst other released figures like deathstar vader, classics MP starscream, animated shockwave, Universe Ratchet, various pieces here and there, Energon Superion, universe legends minibots

Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 05:20 PM   #83
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Damn you. You'll post pictures of the construction, right? I've been wanting to that for a while now...
Sure. I'll be starting it this summer, though (about a month from now), by getting a cocktail cabinet to start the whole thing off with. Unfortunately, I'm not fiding a lot of good information on the joystick hookups. :S

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 02:58 AM   #84
Burnout
Seeker

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Ratchet is one Im still actively looking for...

Old 2009-05-14, 03:06 AM   #85
Burnout
Seeker

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackula View Post
My recommendation would be to steer clear of the Masterpiece seekers and go for the Classics molds of the seekers. The Masterpiece seekers are riddled with QC problems in my experience. I know some people here will argue against that, but it is a fact that they suffer from QC problems, and I have had one come out of the box with stress marks that make transformation impossible without snapping the wings. I've also had one with the wings snapped due to the same stress marks after only 3 very gentle transformations. I've seen this personally in both the Japanese and US release.

Obviously not all of them have this problem, but it is very much hit and miss, and for that much money it is not a risk I like to take. Especially if you are just getting into collecting, I would think it best to get some quality figures that won't possibly leave you feeling like you wasted your money.
I preordered mine looking to repaint it into G1 colours (yes, I know about Walmarts version..) and it came with 2 left hands. 1 left hand and a right hand with the thumb on the bottom...

Old 2009-05-14, 03:31 AM   #86
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

The Classics Seeker mold isn't without it's QC problems, either. But, they're either easier to fix, or just easier to return and try again in the case of Universe Acid Storm and Starscream. (obviously, you're out of luck with the others)

Back on topic, Dinobot's impressed me enough for me to seek out the Henkei releases of some of the Classics figures I, for whatever reason, never picked up before. Hey, may as well go for the best looking paint job on the mold!

Got a complaint?

The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 02:55 PM   #87
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Might grab a Red Alert depending on if he's still in stock next time I order online . . .

Only a couple of movie figures that I really want and after that I HAVE to stop. Probably pick up the odd figure that strikes my fancy (something that's a cut above the rest like TFU Cyclonus. A G1 snarl in TFU, MP and TFA styles would be must-buys), and if FP does another run of the City Commander armor I'll pick that up. Probably get the Superion hands and feet set for my energon Superion.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 03:02 PM   #88
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

City Commander would be definitely something I'd think about if FP did another run and I had the money to do it. Also contemplating TFU Darkwind, but the $27 it would cost me to get him is a little much at the moment. Trying to save in case I don't get a job straight out of grad school...

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 04:14 PM   #89
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yeah. I know what you mean. I'm not a huge fan of the Ultra Class just because they are expensive and are usually figures that could be scaled down to voyager or even deluxe if they just took the electronics out.

DW is a cool figure (and a better color scheme than Silverbolt), but I really wouldn't recommend him unless you know you can afford it. It's not an entirely "Zomydog! Must own!" release seeing as the character is semi-obscure. He does fit nicely with the con set from 2007 since his fellow decepticon powermaster is represented in that set.

Mold-wise I had to play with Silverbolt a little before I liked him. I would have honestly enjoyed him more as a deluxe since I take the batteries out of my toys anyway. His transformation is simple enough that it wouldn't be an issue, and I just like the deluxe class in terms of being toys that you can pull out and fiddle with while watching tv or surfing the internet, and it's not going to take up too much room on the TV table that I use for my laptop.

Voyagers are figures that I'm torn on. They're usually worth the $20 tag, but for some reason I don't give them as much love as they deserve.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 01:05 AM   #90
skywarp408
Seeker

The entire g1 line sealed, or at least mib, or carded. I don't want any loose figures. I also want to finish off a few Beast Wars figures mib. I also want to keep getting the Masterpiece figures and some Universe ones.

skywarp408 is offline   Reply With Quote