Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-06-25, 06:07 PM   #21
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snavej View Post
I was pointing something out.

I don't think I was plugging because that would imply that I anticipated some sort of gain. I didn't expect any kind of gain, not even a good feeling.
Your post served no purpose other than to point out that X event in recent media bears a striking resemblence to an event in one of your fanfics, handily providing a link at the same time. Something you make a habit out of, no matter how inane the similarity. The fact that it's not even an uncommon thing in this instance just makes the plug kinda sad - seriously, I could be here all year just listing characters that's happened to. The world of fiction is a finite number of ideas repeating in different configurations... something as innocuous as this is not worth the time I've spent writing this sentence.

Do this again in one of my forums and I'll just delete your post.

Quote:
If you say '****ing', shouldn't you say '****list' too? Kids and parents may be reading.
Lots of parents are reading. Lots of kids are reading - I'm somebody's kid and I'm not offended by it. I didn't put a single asterisk in my last post, and I ain't responsible for configuring the autocensor. If I was, then it wouldn't blank out part of the word S****horpe.

Quote:
I don't know 'The Departed'. Was Megatron in it?
Ha.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 08:46 PM   #22
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Your post served no purpose other than to point out that X event in recent media bears a striking resemblence to an event in one of your fanfics, handily providing a link at the same time. Something you make a habit out of, no matter how inane the similarity.
To add to this:

If you want to advertise your fan fiction you are more than welcome to put a link to the appropriate threads in your sig. However, dropping off-topic links to the stories in totally unrelated topics comes off as quite obnoxious. You would get the same reaction if you posted a link to your (hypothetical) thread in the Trade forum every time someone mentioned a character you were trying to flog a toy of. It annoys the people who are trying to have an on-topic conversation and it actually makes people less likely to read your story than if you hadn't managed to irritate them.

Please find a less-intrusive way to advertise your stories in the future.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote