Old 2009-08-25, 09:25 PM   #441
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Though I love Random British Guy.
Supposedly Bay liked him so "expanded the role" or something. Which I think means they decided to give him most of the "phonecall for you sir" stuff that would probably have gone to Epps.

Quote:
I also didn't really take in that Bumblebee towel-whips Rampage across the face with Ravage's spine.
Oh yes. First thing to hand thinking from The Bee.

Quote:
Oh, and I know it came up somewhere and I wasn't sure, but whoever said the Allspark fragment was at Diego Garcia was right...
Yeah, fairly certain that was me. Probably. I think. To be honest I've not been paying massive attention to these discussions because they get epically cyclical once people decide they can't be arsed to go back a page or so to see if something's already been done to death.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 12:02 AM   #442
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

Soundwave was up in space for the full movie, so does he stay up their to moniter the Autobots after the moive or does he leave with the rest of the cons? Also how much military resources can he use with the one satellite he is using?

wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 01:03 AM   #443
Vin Ghostal
Gave you a concussion

Making his summer residence in Alexandria, VA
Smile

Quote:
This whole thing about why didn't Sam use the Allspark shard to revive Optimus is daft. When was he meant to do that? When he was running for his life from a big robot firefight? Or after that, when he was the world's most wanted and Optimus' body was locked down in a high security military installation?
Sam couldn't have done it himself, but why couldn't Bumblebee? And if no Autobots were allowed near Optimus' body, why couldn't Bumblebee or Sam give it to Lennox?

Vin Ghostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 03:19 AM   #444
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Ghostal View Post
Sam couldn't have done it himself, but why couldn't Bumblebee? And if no Autobots were allowed near Optimus' body, why couldn't Bumblebee or Sam give it to Lennox?
When could Bumblebee or Sam give it to Lennox? Sam and Bumblebee left before Lennox even reached the area, and after that, Fallen made Sam the most wanted person on the planet. Bumblebee never left Sam side besides near the end.

Last edited by wolfbolt86; 2009-08-27 at 05:29 AM.
Old 2009-08-27, 03:50 AM   #445
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Does Lennox even leave Diego Garcia in that whole sequence? Heading for the base would have been tantamount to handing himself in for Sam. Plus I doubt Bumblebee would have left his side, and would you trust the Twins with something like that?

It's also possible that Sam doesn't understand that the thing can revive as well as create... Wheelie sort-of blindsides the lot of them with Jetfire, not really explaining what exactly they're doing and that awakening him will use the thing up. 23 years and we're still blaming Wheelie for everything...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 07:44 PM   #446
fantomdranzerx
Headmaster

California

Quote:
Does Lennox even leave Diego Garcia in that whole sequence?
If I remember correctly, only the Autobots arrived at the forest. Lennox and the soldiers stayed back at the base.

"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
fantomdranzerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 08:03 PM   #447
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

The other thing about the discrepancy is that Jetfire seems to be in, at worst, a coma/stasis lock - beyond old age and Energon deprivation, there's nothing physically wrong with him. Whereas Prime is stabbed through the back by a big metal bastard and spends a good (well, mildly traumatising) thirty seconds screaming and exploding.

Them giving Random British Guy all of Epps' lines might explain why Epps is barely in it, too. Both he and Lennox kinda get gyped, which is surprising because they seem to be a lot of people's fave humans from the first one.

Old 2009-09-07, 06:55 AM   #448
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomdranzerx View Post
If I remember correctly, only the Autobots arrived at the forest. Lennox and the soldiers stayed back at the base.
One of the most vivid things I remember is Lennox hearing of Prime's "death" via radio.

S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 01:13 AM   #449
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomdranzerx View Post
They were enroute to the area.

Old 2009-10-02, 11:49 PM   #450
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face Delayed reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Because it's a bullshit excuse they came up with after the fact.
Y'know, the one thing that really goes against this is Demolisher. If the final battle duplicates were caused by some big editing backtrack, that surely couldn't have effected his death in a totally different scene at the other end of the film? And yet the identical Scavenger would still be used in later stuff, so surely having some multiples was always part of the plan?

Old 2009-10-07, 06:04 PM   #451
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

I suspect it was a combination of editing and re-using character models
Some scenes they may have intended for certain constructicons to later be part of devestator, other scenes they just needed a couple of extra decepticons in shot

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote