• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-10-05, 05:34 AM   #41
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Looks like you can get all 4 together for $60 Use the 25% off + free shipping code, and that's not too outlandish. I guess.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 04:25 PM   #42
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New pics of Drag Strip:
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 08:25 AM   #43
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

saves me the work of bashing mirage.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 04:15 PM   #44
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New pics of Overkill:
http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84

Old 2008-10-20, 04:45 PM   #45
poyguimogul
Life is.. So unpredictable..

The mini-apple.

Lol kinda late with this but~ Astrotrain could be redesigned into Galaxy Shuttle

Lol if they used the name of the T-rex from the dino'con team from victory they could do another grimlock-hehe Make a pretender shell-lol

Astrotrain could also be repainted to make a really generic, yet interesting SkyLynx, tho he'd be lacking the Lynx part of his name.

poyguimogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:52 PM   #46
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Official high resolution images of Optimus Prime and Megatron:

Optimus Prime

Megatron

Old 2008-10-21, 08:56 PM   #47
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Not really seeing a difference with Optimus...

secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 06:56 PM   #48
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New gallery of Megatron:
http://club.tfclub.com/viewthread.ph...%3D1&frombbs=1

Old 2008-10-23, 04:35 PM   #49
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyguimogul View Post
Lol kinda late with this but~ Astrotrain could be redesigned into Galaxy Shuttle

Lol if they used the name of the T-rex from the dino'con team from victory they could do another grimlock-hehe Make a pretender shell-lol

Astrotrain could also be repainted to make a really generic, yet interesting SkyLynx, tho he'd be lacking the Lynx part of his name.
Hmmm . . . the most natural that comes to mind for me would be Astrotrain==>Blastoff. That being said I may or may not buy it.

I don't particularly like the mold myself, but the mold might look better in those colors, and I could use a few more decepticons.

EDIT: As much as I'm underwhelmed by Overkill (I like the mold, but not in those colors and I have two versions of it) I might get him just to fill the ranks.

Just realized that if they did a TFU "Snarl" (call him what you want. I'm talking about the Stegobot. It just has to look like a metallic stegosaurus with a robot mode that is similar to his G1 robot mode) it could double as Slugfest.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2008-10-23 at 04:47 PM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 07:29 AM   #50
wyze2099
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
Considering some of the more random repaints we've gotten in the line so far, it wouldn't surprise me if they painted it pink and called it Sparkstalker.
I was thinking Cindersaur, personally. He's actually a dinosaur. Not sure what Sparkstalker was supposed to be, and I used to have his toy.

Also, on a somewhat-related note: in the RPG, I've had a hard time visualizing Cindersaur as looking like the toy; I keep seeing him as an Animated Grimlock repaint. My mind works in strange ways, admittedly. But yeah, it's not too much of a stretch from there to imagine Cindy as Classics!Grimlock.

wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 02:17 PM   #51
Vin Ghostal
Gave you a concussion

Making his summer residence in Alexandria, VA
Red face

I've finally figured out that it's simply no longer worth it to me to buy repaints. Buying Transformers is inherently indulgent, but to buy the same toy over and over in different colors...I can't do it anymore. I have 4 different versions of Movie Bumblebee (Classic Camaro, Concept Camaro, Battle Damaged Concept Camaro, and Stealth), and it's just pointless...I even owned Cliffjumper at one point before returning him. The only repaints I might consider would be if they release the clone versions of Starscream from Animated. I wonder if they understand how many they'd sell if they released the Sunstorm-esque deco.

In this case...Overkill just looks stupid. It's a pretty tacky color combination, and he's way too obscure a character. I didn't like that Megatron mold in the first place, and seeing it repainted into his traditional color scheme doesn't get me any more excited. I like the Stunticons, but I didn't even buy that mold when it was Mirage (who I like better), and that yellow is obnoxious.

And it feels like there have been 100 different versions of Prime at this point, and this one is just mediocre...nothing offensive about it, but nothing riveting either. When I own two G1 Primes, two Movie Primes (one Premium), and 20th Anniversary Prime, it's going to take something truly special for me to buy another one. That's why I didn't even bother to get any version of Animated Prime, or Bumblebee for that matter.

Vin Ghostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 02:20 PM   #52
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Ghostal View Post
I've finally figured out that it's simply no longer worth it to me to buy repaints.
To me it's a matter of the characters involved. I lost interest in collecting the toys with the movie, largely because nearly all of the toys were 'non-entities', by and large. They were nobodies. To me, the fictional portrayals ALWAYS came first, before the toys.. if the toys were nobodies, I honestly just didn't care about them.

So, now, I could possibly be talked into the Starscream Clones, or guys like Universe Smokescreen, but I won't ever be bothered with 'Stealth Lockdown' or 'Nightwatch Optimus Prime', or 'Universe Overload' as they're just non-entities with too much in common with 'Neon Thong Armor Batman'.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 05:45 PM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Yeh, with rare exceptions I'm trying to cut back to one of a mould for something... I'd have to really like both characters to hang on to the pair, and I'm currently really unsure over whether I'm going to bother with something like Sideswipe, even with the clever design, when I have Sunstreaker. (Actually, I'm very torn on the whole Sideswipe thing - I appreciate the skill needed to design something that works like that, but at the same time it seems like a really cheeky way of getting a repaint under the radar ;0).

I'm basically just trying to get a toy I like of my favourite characters - I'm even getting to the point where I'm not interested in new versions of a character if I'm perfectly happy with the one I have; e.g. I skipped Classics Mirage because the RobotMasters version is good enough. I broke the rule with Universe Prowl and, well, look how that turned out...

Most of the Classics/Universe recolours have been of characters I'm not fussed about - Overkill's cute as a cassette but doesn't work as a Grimlock recolour, while Dragstrip isn't a character, he's one of Menasor's arms - or just been plain awful (a white Optimus Prime is never, ever going to be Ultra Magnus... it was a great getting a bonus Optimus Prime figure in the set when I was 5, but it was never actually Ultra Magnus).

It's not even a money thing, really... I spend a scary amount on toys at the moment, we're probably talking upwards of 200 a month. But you start getting repaints and you just think "Hmmm, this figure is exactly the same as the one I already have, but red... what exactly was I expecting?". So now I think I'll only be getting them if I didn't get the original or as a straight swap for someone in my collection already (roll on a Perceptor figure with a decent head cast).

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 06:34 PM   #54
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

For those who ordered these from Hasbro Toy Shop: They have finally started shipping.
http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...post&p=1081719

Old 2008-12-12, 02:49 AM   #55
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Never actually got around to ordering these. Kinda wish these were available at retail. Not worth the hassle from my folks to mail order them.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 08:11 AM   #56
Blackjack
Micromaster

I think I saw 'the Ultimate Battle' versions of Prime and Megatron in Universe packaging...

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 09:58 AM   #57
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I think I saw 'the Ultimate Battle' versions of Prime and Megatron in Universe packaging...
Yes. In the old Universe packaging. That version of the pack has been out since last year.

Old 2010-01-03, 12:54 PM   #58
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Various people report that the four toys are now available at Marshalls stores, for $9.99 per figure.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...marshalls.html

Old 2010-01-08, 08:24 PM   #59
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Ha, the least place I can think about getting TFs. Do find them today at my local Marshalls. Got two of them.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote