North star where bananna froze

Now here are the colors.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-update/18228/

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:07 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Ooooh, those are looking really, really good... Only thing is they're really going to show up the retail section of the set.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:14 PM   #23
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

I'm tempted to sell one of you lot to buy them.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:21 PM   #24
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Ooooh, those are looking really, really good... Only thing is they're really going to show up the retail section of the set.
Yeah...they look great and are a nice rendition of the G1 characters (unlike Springer) but I have to admit I don't see the point in combining them with three Energon toys that don't look anything like the other Combaticons.

Still, they look like good figures in their own right (especially Swindle). If they were mass-retail releases I'd buy them in a second, but considering the prices they're liable to fetch...no, thanks.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:29 PM   #25
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I thought that, but then $48.99 isn't ludicrous for this sort of thing compared to the amount Cliffjumper upgrade kits were, especially as IIRC they each have additional combiner bits like hands, feet and a pair of guns for the back... Not going to because of the Energon figures, but they could have been pricier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
I'm tempted to sell one of you lot to buy them.
borg has diecast parts, if it helps you pick someone.

Old 2010-04-09, 03:39 PM   #26
Springer85
Unicron

All your base

Now those are just 2 transformers full of awesome

Springer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:16 PM   #27
Warcry

Quote:
I thought that, but then $48.99 isn't ludicrous for this sort of thing compared to the amount Cliffjumper upgrade kits were, especially as IIRC they each have additional combiner bits like hands, feet and a pair of guns for the back... Not going to because of the Energon figures, but they could have been pricier.
Oh, for sure, the price isn't bad by fan-made product standards. $50 is pretty pricey for a couple of scout-class toys, though, if you're not interested in the gestalt mode.

And if you did want to try to make a G1-accurate Bruticus using these guys, you'd have to source the other three Combaticons from different sets. The Universe/ROTF set has a good Vortex but none of the other components are very G1. Energon Barricade has Onslaught's colours so he'll do for that. And neither set has a good Brawl, although I'd go with the Energon one as slightly better -- even if the colours approximately match, the scout tank mold is so distinctively different that there's only so much you can do to make him look like Brawl.

They've done a great job considering what Hasbro gave them to work with, but if I got this set I'd still be left with two of the Combaticons and three Energon toys that vaguely look like the other three.

Old 2010-04-16, 03:16 PM   #28
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

Quite a few more pictures about their alternate mode. Hmmmm, I think Blast Off's shuttle nose might need some windows. Even just paint it is okay.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...97615798d9d449

Old 2010-04-17, 03:14 PM   #29
praetorian
Powermaster

More (color) pictures, at your service:

http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1254/

http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1255/

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 12:12 AM   #30
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada

They look good. Its just too bad you need to have those energon figures to make Bruticus.

They should have just remade them all. At least if they did that they would all look to be the same style when they are in there individual robot modes.

miked23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 11:35 PM   #31
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

When I originally saw the pictures I figured FansProject was going to make a whole Bruticus set from scratch, I was slightly disappointed to realize it was meant for the ROTF Bruticus set which is by now pretty much only on Ebay these days. (Nevertheless I got one, glee).

I did preorder them though, as how Bruticus is shown in the pictures is just awesome and does away with the disappointment that they are just add-ons to an existing toy and not parts of a new set.

So what's next then...Crossfire Set 3 meant for the Constructicon Maximus? Would seem logical.

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 01:23 AM   #32
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
So what's next then...Crossfire Set 3 meant for the Constructicon Maximus? Would seem logical.
If that proves to be the case, that would be EPIC. Hell, that'd be bought-and-paid-for before they've even come up with the idea.

glazios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 02:10 AM   #33
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
If that proves to be the case, that would be EPIC. Hell, that'd be bought-and-paid-for before they've even come up with the idea.
A dump-truck and a mixing drum? Yeah, I would be on that too, I admit...

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 03:55 PM   #34
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
Lol, well it's hard to pay for something not thought up yet, though I am sure FansProject would like the "sponsership"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
A dump-truck and a mixing drum? Yeah, I would be on that too, I admit...
Plus a remade G1 head...epic, though granted I do like the look of the add-on set for G1 Devastator from CrazyDevy, makes it totally worth to get the old G1 set.

Old 2010-05-11, 07:32 PM   #35
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Double post it may be but, new pictures of the Crossfire 02 Set B, colored this time. Seems they are in the final stages now, set is looking good and Bruticus looks awesome.

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=458

Old 2010-05-11, 07:37 PM   #36
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

Oh, oh, oh sh*t! This seems too good to be true.

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=458

I am curious how can Onslaught balance now since he already got back heavy problem.

Explorer's big sword looks like a small army knife in Bruticus's hand. Sweet.

Old 2010-05-11, 07:39 PM   #37
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Sod Bruticus, the new figures look superb. But this picture shows you everything that's wrong with the set - BLAST OFF! SWINDLE! Er... Rotorstorm? That guy from the Destruction Team? Some sort of Vehicon general? Fansproject are a talented and resourceful bunch, and it's a shame their work is basically hamstrung by the original figure being dreadful.

Old 2010-05-11, 07:50 PM   #38
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Sod Bruticus, the new figures look superb. But this picture shows you everything that's wrong with the set - BLAST OFF! SWINDLE! Er... Rotorstorm? That guy from the Destruction Team? Some sort of Vehicon general? Fansproject are a talented and resourceful bunch, and it's a shame their work is basically hamstrung by the original figure being dreadful.
Granted, "Blast Off" AKA Explorer and "Swindle" AKA Munitioner outclass the old Energon molds of Bruticus, the ROTF version doesn't do it better renaming one of the helicopters after Swindle instead of a tank and visa versa with a tank being named Blast Off.

FansProject, if they wanted to, could easily redo the whole set and bring out combiners of their own rather then making additions to an existing set. It's nice that they make improvements, but they could do so much more and better then that.

Old 2010-05-11, 08:31 PM   #39
Warcry

Quote:
I don't see how "doesn't look like G1 characters who they were never supposed to be in the first place" equates to "dreadful", myself. Those three molds are some of the best to come out of A/E/C (damning with faint praise, I know), but they were never supposed to be Onslaught, Vortex or Brawl and if you think of them as distinct characters they work pretty well.

The new figures don't fit with the old ones at all, but you can't hang the blame for that on a bunch of Energon toys. It's FansProject's fault for looking at the Energon molds and saying "Eh, it'll do" instead of either going all-in and making new versions of all five, or designing two new limbs that matched the aesthetic of the Energon toys better. As it is I can't help but think they've completely missed the point of their own project.

[EDIT] Now I want to see that helicopter redecoed as Rotorstorm.

Old 2010-05-11, 08:39 PM   #40
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
[EDIT] Now I want to see that helicopter redecoed as Rotorstorm.
Well..technically a slight kitbash would fix that, he already has a close resemblance to the colors of Rotorstorm. =P