• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-05-11, 06:04 PM   #21
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
I noticed that as well, but let it slide as Constructicons had appeared in other past set comics before AHM and the "New guy" line is ambiguous enough (it could mean new to Earth).

Luckily there's no shortage of bone headedly stupid continuity FUBAR's, so we can still meet the quota.
True and it's not like they build Megatron or something similar causing continuity flaws by having like...three inconsistent origins.

Then again...Transformers has been known for retcons and plentiful of continuity errors..

Oh I know! It's Hauler before he became an Autobot. (( http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hauler ))

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:49 AM   #22
kupimus aka(clocker)
Powermaster

Essex,England

i thought in all hail megatron, it was stated that the constructicons were just new to earth? not new to the decepticon army in general.

kupimus aka(clocker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 07:56 AM   #23
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupimus aka(clocker) View Post
i thought in all hail megatron, it was stated that the constructicons were just new to earth? not new to the decepticon army in general.
Yes and no, they were stated to be new in issue two of AHM but not whether they were new to Earth, or new in a whole. The constructicons were surprised and found it suicidal to let only one Decepticon deal with a whole human army and did not know about Frenzy or whatsoever.

However in Ironhide we see a Constructicon fighting alongside Soundwave, and Soundwave is 'trigger happy' with throwing his cassette's out they would surely know of Frenzy.

Sometimes I wonder if the writers read the issues that concerns about the old days (Megatron Orgin's for one which obviously featured the Constructicons) and how to introduce them in the series about current time. >.>

Old 2010-05-12, 08:07 AM   #24
kupimus aka(clocker)
Powermaster

Essex,England

yeah, your right, but maybe if we are kind we could say that while on earth frenzy got an upgrade so then that would be the first time the constructicons had seen it used.

kupimus aka(clocker) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:14 AM   #25
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Would be logical, not sure if inducing madness to themselves is an upgrade but considering with AHM how the seekers went from F22-Raptors back to F15's this doesn't all too impossible to happen...Decepticons work in strange ways.

Old 2010-05-12, 12:45 PM   #26
Blackjack
Micromaster

Smile

Well, this looks much better than Transformers Bumblebee, but why do those eyes light up their entire face? And as for the Constructicons, well, AHM sort of ignored continuity with Bombshell's inclusion as being outright stated as newly-birthed, but at least the Constructicons are still vague, so it wouldn't raise too much problems.

Perhaps the Constructicons just never seen Frenzy in action before (and Skywarp was just being a jerk).

And the F15 thing... Fifteen issues of AHM and several of ongoing, and it is still not explained. Hot Rod and Prowl and Sideswipe and the rest could be put to upgrades, but Ratbat and the Seekers abandoning their high-tech bodies in favour for anachronistic alternate modes? Off.

Why the hell don't they simply retcon AHM out of existence?

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 05:09 PM   #27
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

They have to wait until the Contractural Obligation Spotlight: Drift is done, probably. They they can retcon the whole mess out of existance, Drift and all.

Unfortunately, it would be easier just to do a continuity reboot at this point. No less annoying, but they could have actual continuity, not writers picking and choosing what they want to use(Writer A: "I loved Megatron Origin, so I'm going to refer to that a lot." Writer B: "Megatron Origin blew chunky goats, I'm going to ignore it completely." Writer C: "They did an origin for Megatron? I'm just going to stick with what I think should be the continuity.").

A continuity bible might not be a bad idea, either. New writer comes in,, give him a folder filled with a synopsis of What Has Gone Before.

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 05:58 PM   #28
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quite true, and sadly AHM can't be taken out of the picture since it has too many involvements with the current series.

As for the seekers, Ratbat and all that returning to their original G1 forms? I like to see AHM as the DW series from IDW, they took a lot of reference back to the G1 Cartoon (like Soundwave's speaking, he spoke damn fine in his own spotlight and yet now uses that cartoon way of speaking again), and as to that, most likely Hasbro influenced them as a way to sell toys. The seekers took the Masterpiece Design, and I think Soundwave got a new G1 reissue during the release of AHM with like several of his cassette's included under which Ratbat.