• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-05-26, 01:38 AM   #41
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
I liked the way they handled the recasting of Rhodey in Iron Man 2.

"Rhodey! Didn't expect to see you here."
"Yeah, well I'm here. Deal with it. Move on."

Class.

Oh yeah, if you're anal to the point of thinking that's a devastating spoiler for a film that's been out for several weeks, don't read this post.
My FACE... MY FACE IS MELTING

Due to rage, and all of that.

So yeah, it's weird because it doesn't specify if the new chick will be taking the same role to old one had. Is there an article I'm missing or is this just the way it's being interpreted?

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 01:55 AM   #42
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
ROTF's focus was oriented towards the bots eh???
Was it? I still felt it was still too much focused on the humans...they might as well called the movies "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky!" in big letters then in small print under it "Co-staring: The Transformers."

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 02:05 AM   #43
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

I think it was better balanced than the first- honestly, a movie solidly about the Transformers will please the small niche of people that actually give a crap about the story, but they're trying to get as many people in the age group they're aiming for in to see this thing as possible. Hence the explosions, romance subplot, hot chick, "comedy relief", etc. It's been said before, hasn't it?

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 10:07 AM   #44
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Well at least we're not having a TRUKK NOT MUNKY fanrage, the first movie was, in my opinion as well, a lot better then the second. And of course I know there must be focus on the humans but ROTF just has too much focus on them, and then Sam being some kind of "Chosen One".

Next thing you know and we'll hear "Arise Samimus Prime."

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 12:29 PM   #45
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
"Chosen One"
Actually, he was pretty much the opposite - more of an "Earned One".

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 04:47 PM   #46
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
Was it? I still felt it was still too much focused on the humans...they might as well called the movies "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky!" in big letters then in small print under it "Co-staring: The Transformers."
Yes, it was. I can remember an interview with bay in which he stated that ROTF will focus more on the robots then the previous movie, and look what we got...

If only Evangelion would get a life action movie I would be able to care less for the crappiest stories of the Bayformers...

Oh yeah, I thought it would be common knowledge by now that the first movie WAS better then the second...

Rattrap's tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:13 PM   #47
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!

Sneaking out the back door since 1978

People seem to forget that we're viewing the TFS through decades of fiction and lore, the human element is vital to the TF casual or newcomer, I for one really love the human element of the films. The balance in the first one is perfect for me.

I do like ROTF, not as much as the first, but it gave me more of the same and stands up well to repeat viewing, the human elements may grate for some people, but the stand out emotional scenes in ROTF are things like Sam and his Dad in the desert. Yet there is more robot focus, the Prime/Forest smackdown, the Jetfire Exposition plot, the Twins, if you count robot dialogue and action scenes (I haven't) you may find an overall percentage increase.

Who knows or cares!?

The wmotional crux should always be a balance, in my opinion, between TF and human, the relationship between Bumblebee and Sam in the first film is played out beautifully considering the material.

That's the focus I would prefer in the third film, not TF centric or specifically human centric, the films wouldn't work with a heavy balance one way or the other. A TF only movie using the movie models would be very hard to follow, the more detail on the metal the harder it is to follow what's going on I think.

Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 05:57 PM   #48
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

*applauds*

Personally I find that for the films the... careful use of Transformers for the large part makes them all the more impressive. The visuals (and Transformers is largely centered on visuals, whether people admit it or not... even the best text-based stories are fired by us visualising brightly-coloured action figures) in live action work best with scale, otherwise what's the point? The interaction on both a physical and emotional level is the best stuff. To my mind, the visually incomprehensible scene on the Nemesis basically showed why live action would struggle to do, say, a story set on Cybertron - metal tends to blend into metal on screen unless you want everyone in bright primary colours.

I felt ROTF did up the robots considerably - there's very little appreciable time where there's not a Transformer on screen (okay, so they're in disguise, but they're still Transformers...), compared to the first one (where Bumblebee, Barricade and Frenzy flit in and out of the action for the first half and there's a whole subplot full of characters who don't share a scene with a Transformer until much, much later). So they're Transformers that not a lot of fans like? Tough tits, some of the mouthbreathers wouldn't be happy even if it was a live-action version of Evangelion (Ideon [as in the one Evangleion is ripped off from] was ****ing excellent, there's no need for a live action version).

ROTF did have problems, but I don't think a non-existent bias towards human characters was the problem, it was simply pretty badly structured by effectively peaking in the forest, having an overlong quest sequence and then a big desert battle that just fell a little short due to a bit too much focus on generics versus generics instead of putting the 'named' characters from both sides in the thick of things a bit (seriously, we catch the odd glimpse of Scrapper while there are protoforms hogging the camera, and Jolt, Sideswipe and Ratchet hide in the background of shots while NEST grunts are at the front of the defence).

Most people watch for the Transformers and the humans - you speak to many non-fans and they'll be on about Shia or Fox or Duhamel as much as the robots.

The funniest thing is that great TF-focused stories are out there all over the place, such as the better Marvel comics, not to mention things like The Hub. So what's the big deal if the films took a different angle?

Old 2010-05-26, 06:05 PM   #49
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Mmm. The whole "it's called Transformers so they should be the whole focus" argument is quite daft, as by that logic the bird should be the central character in The Crow and it should be blasphemy that it takes an hour before the xenomorphs show up in Alien/Aliens.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 07:09 PM   #50
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

It's like in Terminator 2 when there's all that rubbish with that woman and her kid. It should just be the two Terminators hitting each other on an industrial estate for two and a half hours.

Old 2010-05-26, 07:12 PM   #51
Halfshell

Red face

And what the hell's with Arnie and all those other wusses in Predator?

Old 2010-05-27, 09:37 AM   #52
Preda
King.No,not Predaking.

Germany

If anyone cares for a link to a german website:

http://portal.gmx.net/de/themen/unte...html#.00000002

It basically says that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley seems to be the favorite right now to fill the void Fox left behind, and lists some other possible candidates, like Sarah Wright and Brooklyn Decker, as well as Hayden Panettiere, Miranda Kerr and Ashley Greene (Twilight).

Anyone knows who the heck they are? I never heard those names before.

Preda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:05 PM   #53
DeathProof
OSM Bald Guy

FL
Wink

All of this is just a HUGE misinformation campaign. Bay's actually going to put a dude in as Sam's new love interest and go in a COMPLETELY different direction. I think it makes perfect sense.

DeathProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 05:17 PM   #54
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathProof View Post
All of this is just a HUGE misinformation campaign. Bay's actually going to put a dude in as Sam's new love interest and go in a COMPLETELY different direction. I think it makes perfect sense.
Now, that would be even worse then that lump farting joke by Jetfire

Old 2010-05-27, 06:51 PM   #55
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
Now, that would be even worse then that lump farting joke by Jetfire

You know what homophobia really means don't you?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 07:05 PM   #56
Halfshell

That you're afraid of things that are the same as you.

Old 2010-05-28, 11:59 AM   #57
DeathProof
OSM Bald Guy

FL

Holy crap! Did I just get called a homophobe for that joke?? *TOUCHY*

Old 2010-05-28, 11:59 AM   #58
DeathProof
OSM Bald Guy

FL

Oh wait, nevermind. Don't think that was directed at me. Sorry for the waste of a perfectly good post space.

Old 2010-05-28, 01:40 PM   #59
Halfshell

Red face

Or two.

Old 2010-05-28, 03:09 PM   #60
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathProof View Post
Oh wait, nevermind. Don't think that was directed at me. Sorry for the waste of a perfectly good post space.
No SH*T Of course it wasn't...

Really funny guys....

@ ID, until now, I actually didn't. You think too high of people who aren't from not english speaking countries....