• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-06-13, 11:50 AM   #1
TMM
TheManMountain

UK
Default Transformers Prime Graphic Novel

Over on Tfomers they have posted what they believe to be the cover of the new Transformers Prime Graphic novel

http://tformers.com/transformers-cov...3682/news.html

it gives you a great look at the top half of bumblebee and is expected to be the prequel to the series

TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 03:56 PM   #2
Bucquoy
Geewun

Germany

Looks a bit to "movie-esque" for my taste. Wasn't that to be based on "War for Cybertron"? WfC-'Bee looks quite different.

Bucquoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 04:01 PM   #3
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Question

Wait... I'm confused now.

Aren't Transformers: Prime and War for Cybertron two separate continuities? WfC taking place in a G1(ish) continuity and Prime taking its own spin like Animated?

Blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 04:21 PM   #4
Bucquoy
Geewun

Germany

I already checked before posting, but

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Prime

says that it "will follow on from the back-story set up by the upcoming War for Cybertron video game and its tie-in book, Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron".

I looked again, they're giving no source. May well be a mistake / misunderstanding / miswhatever.

Bucquoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 06:27 PM   #5
TMM
TheManMountain

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucquoy View Post
Looks a bit to "movie-esque" for my taste. Wasn't that to be based on "War for Cybertron"? WfC-'Bee looks quite different.
A agree I was hoping for a more WFC feel

Old 2010-06-14, 10:13 PM   #6
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Well, WFC is, I gather, set on Cybertron long, long ago - it's The War Within to TF:Prime's DW Generation 1. That way WFC can tie into the main line without confusion for the general public, and without an awful lot of it getting in the way of TF:Prime.

Not entirely sure how a video game could be properly tied into a continuity anyway due to the fact, presumably, that the player can decide the outcome (i.e. whether the Decepticons or the Autobots win) - some of the first film's game's attempts to keep things in a pre-determined shape were very irritating (e.g. Jazz getting swiftly killed in a cutscene after you've just spent ages getting him through a battle with Starscream and Blackout).

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 12:50 AM   #7
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA
Smile

Of course, Jazz's death made just as much sense in the movie. "I'm tiny and have been a war-hardened soldier for thousands of years, but I'll fling myself alone at this bloodthirsty behemoth and OH NO! MY LEGS!"

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 04:48 AM   #8
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Well, WFC is, I gather, set on Cybertron long, long ago - it's The War Within to TF:Prime's DW Generation 1. That way WFC can tie into the main line without confusion for the general public, and without an awful lot of it getting in the way of TF:Prime.
Ah. Makes more sense.

But I'm a little worried about the aesthetics. WFC leans more on a modernized G1, while Prime is more of a 'simplified Movie'. But it's still too early to judge, I guess.

Quote:
Not entirely sure how a video game could be properly tied into a continuity anyway due to the fact, presumably, that the player can decide the outcome (i.e. whether the Decepticons or the Autobots win).
According to press releases, the Decepticon campaign and the Autobot campaign would be a continuous story instead of the Movie games where the faction that the player plays would utterly destroy the other.

The Decepticon campaign would happen prior to the Autobot campaign, or something like that, IIRC.

Old 2010-06-15, 07:49 AM   #9
TMM
TheManMountain

UK

see, i still don't really follow, is prime the war for cybertron of the movie-verse? or was it just a bad call with the character designs?

Old 2010-06-15, 07:56 AM   #10
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Of course, Jazz's death made just as much sense in the movie. "I'm tiny and have been a war-hardened soldier for thousands of years, but I'll fling myself alone at this bloodthirsty behemoth and OH NO! MY LEGS!"
Eh? He basically sacrifices himself so Lennox and co. can pull back with the Allspark - Jazz realises he's dispensible in the grand scheme of things and buys them time. It works, too - instead of pressing home the attack Megatron decides to whip Jazz away and kill him in a needlessly sadistic fashion, allowing the Rangers/S7 troops to form a defensive position, also giving time for Optimus Prime to get into Mission City and run extended interference. If Jazz hadn't have squared up to Megatron, the Allspark convoy would have been overrun then and there, but he buys them time to regroup after Starscream's attack.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 09:54 AM   #11
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
see, i still don't really follow, is prime the war for cybertron of the movie-verse?
No.

WFC/Prime is separate from all previous continuities (except maybe an alternate version of G1, but then you could argue that the movieverse or the Animated-verse are alternate versions of G1).

Old 2010-06-15, 06:39 PM   #12
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

He basically looks like movie B but with a stupid face
And I found Jazz's little heroic sacrifice pretty cool. It was nice to see Jazz make a difference to anything

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 11:14 AM   #13
TMM
TheManMountain

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerhayes View Post
He basically looks like movie B but with a stupid face
And I found Jazz's little heroic sacrifice pretty cool. It was nice to see Jazz make a difference to anything
i loved that part with jazz, i also love the fact they didn't bring him back in the second one...

i think rotf concentrated a bit too much on the fact that although a transformer can die they can also be reborn! especially with prime as sam was constantly saying "i can revive prime, look at me!"

also - still not a fan of prime bumblebee, it's not even growing on me, maybe when i see him in motion it'll be a different kettle of fish

Old 2010-06-16, 03:11 PM   #14
TURBO CHARGER
DAMN I'M GOOD!

Aurora, Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
Well, WFC is, I gather, set on Cybertron long, Not entirely sure how a video game could be properly tied into a continuity anyway due to the fact, presumably, that the player can decide the outcome (i.e. whether the Decepticons or the Autobots win)
The game is set up like an television episode. Chronologicly the Decepticon campaign comes first and they win it. The Autobot campaign come next and in true episodic fashion the Autobots come back from near defeat to win the day.

TURBO CHARGER is offline   Reply With Quote