• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-08-30, 06:57 AM   #61
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
Really? Oh, there's tons of differences. Like Rodimus Prime has less seating in car mode and the exhaust pipes are moved waaaaaaaay up. Plus, Hot Rod doesn't get a gun; only Rodimus Prime does. Rodimus and Hot Rod are like, totally different.

I did say Robot mode, not car. In Robot mode they are quite similar apart from a minor change in height (Rodimus is obviously taller) and having a different face.

I mean, I don't see much difference in these two...but then again, been a while since I saw Hot Rod and Rodimus next to each other.

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 08:10 AM   #62
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Looks pretty cool. There obviously are differences in the vehicle modes, which will be fun, but the robot modes are remarkably similar (as far as I can see, Rodimus has just had his legs pulled out a bit at the hips and knees to make him a little taller - plus the face of course).

It's a nice idea. However, I would personally have bought a MP Hot Rod without the Rodimus extention...

Rodimus Prime was an aweful design and figure, as much as the character has grown on me over the years. Giving him the MP treatment certainly results in a better toy - but it still has some of the same design issues for me (the lazy campervan alternate mode, with the trailer part hiding the mess of untransformed robot - or car in this case I expect! At least Prime turned into a complete stand alone truck cab, with the trailer as a bonus...)

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 07:55 PM   #63
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

I see no spot for a Matrix however....now what would Rodimus Prime be without a Matrix? I hope he at least gets a chest compartment for it so to give him MP Prime's Matrix.

Old 2010-09-01, 08:18 PM   #64
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
I see no spot for a Matrix however....now what would Rodimus Prime be without a Matrix? I hope he at least gets a chest compartment for it so to give him MP Prime's Matrix.
Very good point.

At that price point, that would certainly me make or break for me.

Old 2010-09-14, 10:14 AM   #65
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

I really hope this gets a hasbro release as I can never afford the original takara ones. Doesn't look likely though as I'm still waiting for a hasbro thundercracker to complete my masterpiece seekers.

Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 02:40 PM   #66
praetorian
Powermaster

Some new pics:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/fai-s/1254...f_ich_link_txt

Pre-order at BBTS: $200 USD!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...38&mode=retail

praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 06:05 PM   #67
praetorian
Powermaster

And some more pics. Some are duplicate, but they're all higher resolution. Big news here, though, is the compartment for the matrix, and a pull-down visor!

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...eatures/19807/

Old 2010-09-17, 06:26 PM   #68
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
And some more pics. Some are duplicate, but they're all higher resolution. Big news here, though, is the compartment for the matrix, and a pull-down visor!

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...eatures/19807/
Ok... So that's looking pretty cool indeedy...

What scale is this guy on? Is he on a par with Convoy and Megs, or is he smaller?

That could be the deal-breaker...

Old 2010-09-17, 08:13 PM   #69
praetorian
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
Ok... So that's looking pretty cool indeedy...

What scale is this guy on? Is he on a par with Convoy and Megs, or is he smaller?

That could be the deal-breaker...
I'm not sure on the scale, but, looking at the pictures again, I did notice that he also has the saw blade from TF:TM.

Old 2010-09-21, 01:50 PM   #70
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

I think he will be sized between Prime and Grimlock, though I might be wrong.

And....what is that bloody gaping hole doing there on his car roof? I do hope they find something for that.

Old 2010-09-21, 01:59 PM   #71
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Looking at these pics, I'm thinking 3 things.

1) that is actually a lovely toy
2) if we stick to Rodimus and don't prime it up, is there really much difference from the classics figure?
3) I'm really glad vehicles in 2005 didn't turn out the way 80s cartoon artists thought they would.

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 10:01 PM   #72
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

If you care, MP Rodimus will come with a golden coin.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 10:35 PM   #73
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
Super Mario will be so pleased!

Old 2011-01-14, 09:20 AM   #74
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

Maybe I can sell it to cash for gold and pay off the debt from buying another masterpiece.

Summerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 05:25 PM   #75
praetorian
Powermaster

Some newer pics. This time a close-up on the face switcheroo and the matrix compartment. Also, some slight indications on transformation--like his legs under the hood in Rodimus Prime vehicle mode.

http://the-sun.on.cc/cnt/lifestyle/2...00487_001.html

EDIT: here's a better look at his transformations:

http://www.collecticon.org/collectic...sformation.jpg

Last edited by praetorian; 2011-01-20 at 08:42 PM.
Old 2011-01-21, 08:02 AM   #76
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

It's hard to tell with the giant watermark (over someone else's copyrighted publication), but getting from sports car to Flaming Winnebago seems a bit convoluted. In this case the simple solution of just plugging the car into the trailer...thing would surely have been enough?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 09:33 PM   #77
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
It's hard to tell with the giant watermark (over someone else's copyrighted publication), but getting from sports car to Flaming Winnebago seems a bit convoluted. In this case the simple solution of just plugging the car into the trailer...thing would surely have been enough?
Hello, it's a Masterpiece - the plan is to take something pretty simple and make it as complicated and stupid as humanly possible, because complexity and quality are exactly the same thing. Like with Alternators. And it all works because Transformers fans think that something must be good if it's not intuitive, and none of them want to get mocked by other dickhead by saying something's stupidly overcomplicated, so everyone pretends that this somehow makes it a valid purchase for twice the money of a Soul of Chogokin.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 09:52 PM   #78
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US

Does he even really transform? It looks like the hood and exhaust pipes are the only bits common between both modes, and even less in the RV mode. It seems like packing a figure of Hot Rod with a car would accomplish the same thing.

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 12:29 AM   #79
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

The car plugs in backwards, and the windshield and hood part in the trailer fold over the rear of the car. Oh, the yellow fin thing turns to face the other way. So... no he doesn't really transform.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 04:51 PM   #80
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Somebody already got him from Robot Kingdom and was so disappointed due to the QC (see below). The paint is kind of powdery which is the same has been used on Generation Blurr. Glad I haven't put any penny on him so far. Who knows if just his bad luck or all are the same. And who know if Hasbro really does it, it will be better or not........

Quote:
Ok, MP Rodimus was delivered today and so far I am not too impressed. He looks fantastic and I actually like the shell for Rodimus Prime vehicle mode. Unfortunately, he transforms terribly, I can't get him to lay flat in both vehicle modes, the feet are far too stiff to the point of me worrying that I will break him, the abdomen connects into the top of the windscreen in robot mode but it doesn't hold in very well, the back is supposed to rest on two pegs but that itself is held on only by friction, the hands don't store well in vehicle mode and to top it all off the paint is chipping on the right knee. I have only handled it for about 2 hours and this is my assessment. On top of all that, the plastic quality of the accessories is terrible (gun, saw blade and welder). I have handled KO's with better plastic. What a poor example from TakaraTomy.

I ordered it from Robot Kingdom, I am still waiting to hear back from them about issues I have with the the PE Ejector (missing the hinges on the back of the arms) I got on Friday. I may contact them but god knows when I will hear back from them. The paint issues are not just confined to the knee, after watching a review online I have noticed another area with paint rub, the spoiler. It fits far too tightly when you attach the trailer and I have slight rubbing there. Yes, the paint in that area is fairly powdery.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote