• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2013-02-01, 08:19 PM   #41
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Don't know about better, I'm happy with the original Convoy and Megs and wouldn't re-buy (it isn't as if Grimlock and Skywarp are in scale with Sideswipe or Binaltech figures either.) In fact, the newer Convoy has a bit of a Don Fig look in robot mode -- I like the looming Ladybird books style of the original, although did get some chromed long stacks to replace the stubby ones.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 08:35 PM   #42
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Actually, the seekers are [pretty close] in scale with Sideswipe. Who's in scale with Convoy MP10, who's in scale with the new Soundwave, who'll be in scale with Prowl and co, and so on.

I was happy with MP01 as well, but since they're expanding the line so vividly I'm happy to oblige and move forward as well. Was never happy with MP05, and if everything after Grimlock is an indication, the new Megatron will blow the old one out of the water with the first test shots.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 08:53 PM   #43
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Regardless of the qualities of the new Prime, or even the original Megatron MP, doing the Decepticon leader in some form in the new scale is almost a no-brainer. Especially if it was one Hasbro could sell as well (G2 mayhaps?).

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 12:00 AM   #44
The Big Ragebowski
I'm back baby!!!!

Leeds

I would love it if MP20 was Shockwave!!! That would be awesome!!

I mean we've had a run of autobots with the datsuns and lambos, stands to reason 20 will be a decepticon?

Then that leaves next year to give me Mirage, Hound, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Slag, Swoop, Snarl, Sludge, Wheeljack, Reflector, Ratchet, and the big one for Christmas 2014 a masterpiece Devastator or Menasor!!!! That would be amazing!!!

The Big Ragebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 09:39 AM   #45
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Ragebowski View Post
I would love it if MP20 was Shockwave!!! That would be awesome!!

I mean we've had a run of autobots with the datsuns and lambos, stands to reason 20 will be a decepticon?

Then that leaves next year to give me Mirage, Hound, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Slag, Swoop, Snarl, Sludge, Wheeljack, Reflector, Ratchet, and the big one for Christmas 2014 a masterpiece Devastator or Menasor!!!! That would be amazing!!!
Heh, Mirage maybe, but all the others for 2014? Especially the Dinobots? There's a very high chance it won't be happening.

An MP Combiner has been hinted throughout though, but due to the cost IF it gets made it'll probably be released in separate components.

Don't you find it funny that within 2013, with MP20 to the mix, we'll be getting more MPs in one year than in the first 5 years of the line?

Old 2013-02-03, 10:30 AM   #46
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

i wonder if all this masterpiece activity is an attempt to encourage consumers to buy genuine stuff, rather than going to third party folk for this kind of thing?

the smaller scale might be another reason why we're getting so many - cheaper manufacturing costs to make it worth while, especially if their are expunging materials like rubber and die cast.

it does feel like HasTak have perhaps woken up to the fact there are a good portion of fans who'll happily shell out a $100+ on deluxe sized figure, so why should they loose out to the knock off guys?

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 04:28 PM   #47
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I'd say that officially after MP10 and unofficially after MP09 takara changed their game plan. Up until that point [Prime, Starscream, Megatron and Grimlock] were largely updated and upgraded, "beefy" action figures of the originals. With Rodimus\Hot Rod I guess they must have been planning a retro\vintage upgrade and it sold well.

Cue the remakes, with Convoy selling extraordinary well, and greenlighting MP Megatron V2.0 on the coming month after release.

After that I think they just changed their way of planning and made it more of a mainline than a collector's oriented line. Same thing happened with Bandai's SOC. They used to put out 7-10 SOC per year, some giant, some smaller, and then they pumped out 15 smaller SOC Spec with one big SOC release each year.

This is, more or less, takara's plan now. Pump out 7-9 smaller, more affordable releases and one big release each year. Last year it was supposed to be Soundwave, who got delayed. This year, who knows?

Old 2013-02-03, 04:29 PM   #48
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyquake87 View Post
i wonder if all this masterpiece activity is an attempt to encourage consumers to buy genuine stuff, rather than going to third party folk for this kind of thing?
Oh, hell yeah. It's getting easier every day to DIY or do short run professional work. CAD to finished product is relatively straightforward; it's costing, finishing and distribution that are the obstacles. We don't have freely available 3D scanners that'll map objects to data points, but that'll come too and expect to see a lot of competition re: things like tabletop wargaming. The good sculptors will coin it in -- although obviously their products will be pirated like everything else.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 02:52 AM   #49
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Prowl and Bluestreak revealed:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-177000/

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 08:55 AM   #50
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

They do look nice. Guess I'll go and pre-order Smokescreen later (my preferred of the three)!

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 11:01 AM   #51
Skyquake87
One with the Matrix

i don't care for Bluestreak's shonky cartoon styled shoulder cannons.

Prowl looks awesome though

Skyquake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 11:18 AM   #52
Kungfu Dinobot
Autobot Concubine

Former British Colony

Hope no one minds me asking...

Is there any plan for a Masterpiece Galvatron? I don't really have any interest in cars or tape deck, and my 'con's been leaderless for a while

Kungfu Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 11:41 AM   #53
Blackjack
Unashamed Movie Fanboy

Talking

That Prowl looks lovely, and so does that Bluestreak. Will probably only be getting Prowl, though. Even though I think that Bluestreak and Smokescreen have better paint decoes than Prowl, I think Prowl'll only be the one I get.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 05:29 PM   #54
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

As usual. Prowl is the one I'm way more interested as a character figure, Bluestreak is the one that gets much, much better colours.

Even if I won't be able to eat for days I'll have [at least Prowl] them on release. I've been itching for a G1 style car Prowl ever since 1993 where I was seeing the European Classics reissues in stores.

Now if HLJ would hurry up with their preorders. On a sidenote, they still haven't filled in my order of Rumble\Ravage that I made 6 days after the early bird went up. I'm having little hope that Frenzy\Buzzsaw, who I preorder in January, will fill.

Old 2013-03-08, 05:24 PM   #55
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Newsflash, up an available for preorder at hlj. As of this post, less than 24 hours since preorders opened.

Seeing as my order for Frenzy and Ravage, made 6 days AFTER preorders went live, is still unfilled, if you want them from HLJ, HURRY THE F*CK UP. I have warned you.

Best price in the market at the moment.